Home

Is Dynasty irreparably broken?

This is a discussion on Is Dynasty irreparably broken? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #41
Rookie

Frank the Tank's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is Dynasty irreparably broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
Yes, YPC and 20+ runs are low for simmed stats...but if you wont play a game based on sim stats...its pretty sad. If they fix it GREAT, if not, move on.
Not trying to get into the argument too much here, but unrealistic sim stats are a disappointment because it seems something that shouldn't be hard to fix but never is. After all, the sim stats were pretty good back in 03 and 04, so obviously EA knew how to get it right at some point. The fact that it has been off in some way for every year since just makes it seem neglected, lack of attention to detail. Considering the detail that has gone into many other aspects of the game, which is considerable, this just seems like something that should have been done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
4 of those 6 issues you listed are quite subjective really... You may want to consult with an encyclopedia every time you play the game, to check for any anomalies. I don't understand how we can say it is unrealistic for a video game dynasty mode, which is fake, to have a different overall YPC average or team that wins the championship.

Secondly, you make it sound like the offense for the CPU is tripping over themselves because their depth chart has some small intricacies -- trust me, they're not. I have a hard time beating them on AA.

Can we be a bit more picky? What if we just enter in what the score and stats are supposed to be and forget about actually playing the game?

...and this was fixed. Teams will weaken a couple of points from becoming only generated rosters and then level off.

Did you not get the tuner pack?
The game is supposed to resemble NCAA division one college football. If the numbers don't match up with what is occurring in reality - which is what this fake video game is based upon - it destroys any credibility.

How is a wide receiver not having any elusiveness subjective? A kicker who can't kick?

The rushing averages are not low--there laughably bad in comparison with reality.

What exactly is so great about franchise mode? Honestly? I think they've done a poor job on it, focusing too much attention on recruiting and presentation. The foundation is broken.

I'd much rather train my team and actually feel like I played a part in their development rather than do a bunch of boring recruit calls over and over. But that's just me.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #43
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
Its not broken....just has some slight issues IMO, like people have mentioned before about the WR ratings.

Yes, YPC and 20+ runs are low for simmed stats...but if you wont play a game based on sim stats...its pretty sad. If they fix it GREAT, if not, move on.

Depth Chart issues I believe will be fixed in the 2nd patch or the next LTP, so im not that worried about it.

For QBs, AWR should be the highest determing factor! So i agree with EA on this.

Anyone who expects perfection will be disapointed.
I agree with this and would like to add uneven SPD-AGI-ACC distribution in many cases. They need to be more even, I just find it really doubtful that this 4* #30 WR (actual numbers I'm giving)

90 SPD 72 AGI 66 ACC
The problem for me isn't the AGI but, the ACC. There needs to be like a basement set almost for certain positions, somewhere around 75-78 for WR/RB/CB/S. Granted its not a huge problem but, I find it happening a handful of times. The 3* players seem a little worse even with the AGI and ACC ratings. Maybe not worse but, more prevalent.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
It's a no-win situation for the developers -- even if they release twenty patches and tuners, people will still make threads complaining about everything being broken.

As a programmer, I sympathize with them because this is the hardest type of game you can make and considering how awesome of a job they did, I feel obliged to defend them.
As do I. I could see the excitement with Russ and Ben during all the pre-release stuff. They worked hard on the game. Sure, some aspects of the game need some work but they know that.

I just wish people could leave the venom out of their comments. Having an opinion is cool but OS really stresses constructive criticism and a lot of people just seem to ignore that.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #45
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Are there problems? Definitely. But after the tuner download I can honestly say that I can alter the game to my enjoyment.

As someone said earlier, if you create 10 to 15 kickers every year the kicker problem because less evident. Also, I still create a few highly rated freshman (80 -85) every year just to spice it up.

My suggestion to anyone who doesn't like the fact that there are only 5 to 10 90+ players per position every year is to create 2 to 3 freshman every year at each position. It takes a lot of time but it really really helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Same 4 or 5 guys every time. Never gets old.
You are refering to the same three or four guys who feel the need to jump into every thread to defend every aspect of the game, and belittle anyone whose opinion is different then theirs correct?
Old 08-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
You are refering to the same three or four guys who feel the need to jump into every thread to defend every aspect of the game, and belittle anyone whose opinion is different then theirs correct?
Belittle... Kind of like how the same group of people in this thread belittle almost every effort EA makes at listening to us and trying to fix problems?

I don't see ANYONE "defend[ing] every aspect of the game." Most of the people defending EA acknowledge the problems, but we'll also give them a chance to fix it. The TOS here clearly states constructive criticism is not an option, yet some here just can't gasp that. Having a discussion about the game's shortcomings are great and hopefully it will give us a better game in the end.

I think we all want the same thing. A better football game.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:03 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Any heads up on the depth charts being corrected yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »