Home

Eastern Michigan

This is a discussion on Eastern Michigan within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #9
Rookie

Dos Peninsulas's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Eastern Michigan

Did you volunteer to take EMU, or were you stuck with them from luck of the draw? If you chose them, that's your own fault and you're now faced with the reality of one of the worst teams in the country. I guess you'll find out why they've almost had to move to FCS due to attendance issues.

I don't know if any change in play calling could make a difference, but something that does seem to help me when I'm outmatched is taking the playclock all the way down every play. Your TOP will go way up and limit their possessions.

Last edited by Dos Peninsulas; 08-07-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I stayed w/ their default 1 back offense. I run some option, a lot of power running out of their 2 & 3 TE sets, and some WR option reverses w/ WR #1. I only throw the ball when I absolutely need to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #11
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
You want realism, don't you? EMU is the worst team in college football history because it has the worst coach in college football history, Ron English. He's not even qualified to be a Pop Warner coach. So what do you expect?
Try to stay on topic please, even if you aren't contributing anything to the thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #12
Say whaaa?

13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Well i'm guessing you can't edit sliders because its an OD and you can't change your schedule because you already started. I would suggest heavily committing to the run. Not sure what Eastern Michigans RB's look like but if you can successfully run the ball you A. will keep the score down while you eat up some clock and B. you can kinda setup the pass.
The only thing is, EMU's receivers are garbage as well as their QB's. You just have to stick it out a while, eventually you'll get your team to how you want it. I have an EMU dynasty too and it sucks at first but it'll be worth it after a few years.

Retired U.S.A.F.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #13
Rookie

luvlyzero's Arena

OVR: 0

I started my dynasty as Eastern Michigan because they were the lowest ranked team in the game and I wanted the challenge.
Well, I went 0-12 my first year. The default roster for EMU was absolutely pathetic. The cupboard was very bare for this team.
I to was having a hard time settling on an offensive scheme. Nothing seemed to work and none of the receivers could catch the ball. So many frustrating drops. I decided on the option run for the last half of the season and was able to keep a few games close.
QB Devontae Payne had decent enough speed and acceleration to run the option and with RB Dwayne Priest being the best offensive player on the team I stopped attempting to pass it and just ran the ball the rest of the year.

The next year I was able to bring in a few 3 star prospects and a handful of 2 star prospects that started for me immediately. It also helped that I moved WR Kinsman Thomas to cornerback because I was still running the option and needed more help on defense. He became my #1 starting CB and helped bolster my secondary. I went 4-8 my second year.

My third and final year saw more improvement as I continued to bring in the types of players I wanted through recruiting. I stayed with the option and was ranked in the top 25 in rushing that year. I was pretty pleased with that stat given with what I had started with in year one. My defense started playing a lot tougher led by senior linebacker DeMaster and I went 6-6. I would have gotten a bowl bid but in the very last game of the year Georgia Tech came from behind by 20 points with 3 minutes left and beat me. My strength of schedule was a C minus so Kent St. got the bowl bid instead and I was fired. I was pissed. Given the marked improvement to the team. I had this team obviously moving in the right direction.

I took the job with lowly Buffalo who were coming off of a 1-11 season. I just finished my first season with them running the spread offense and finished 8-5 with a bowl loss to Wake Forest. The best part though was that I played EMU during the regular season and destroyed them 37-6. They finished with only 3 wins on the year. They shouldn't have let me go, but I love coaching for Buffalo now.

I love this game.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #14
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlyzero
I started my dynasty as Eastern Michigan because they were the lowest ranked team in the game and I wanted the challenge.
Well, I went 0-12 my first year. The default roster for EMU was absolutely pathetic. The cupboard was very bare for this team.
I to was having a hard time settling on an offensive scheme. Nothing seemed to work and none of the receivers could catch the ball. So many frustrating drops. I decided on the option run for the last half of the season and was able to keep a few games close.
QB Devontae Payne had decent enough speed and acceleration to run the option and with RB Dwayne Priest being the best offensive player on the team I stopped attempting to pass it and just ran the ball the rest of the year.

The next year I was able to bring in a few 3 star prospects and a handful of 2 star prospects that started for me immediately. It also helped that I moved WR Kinsman Thomas to cornerback because I was still running the option and needed more help on defense. He became my #1 starting CB and helped bolster my secondary. I went 4-8 my second year.

My third and final year saw more improvement as I continued to bring in the types of players I wanted through recruiting. I stayed with the option and was ranked in the top 25 in rushing that year. I was pretty pleased with that stat given with what I had started with in year one. My defense started playing a lot tougher led by senior linebacker DeMaster and I went 6-6. I would have gotten a bowl bid but in the very last game of the year Georgia Tech came from behind by 20 points with 3 minutes left and beat me. My strength of schedule was a C minus so Kent St. got the bowl bid instead and I was fired. I was pissed. Given the marked improvement to the team. I had this team obviously moving in the right direction.

I took the job with lowly Buffalo who were coming off of a 1-11 season. I just finished my first season with them running the spread offense and finished 8-5 with a bowl loss to Wake Forest. The best part though was that I played EMU during the regular season and destroyed them 37-6. They finished with only 3 wins on the year. They shouldn't have let me go, but I love coaching for Buffalo now.

I love this game.
Nice story man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

I started an EMU dynasty. All-American 5 min quarters. I use Hawaii's run and shoot playbook. So far I am 3-1 only lose coming to Ohio St. I lost that game 24-21. Only kept it close because they blitz a lot so I'd audible my receivers and was able to score. 21 is the most I scored in a game. My first 3 games I scored 10, 10, and 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »