Home

How to defend the hurry up offense??

This is a discussion on How to defend the hurry up offense?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #9
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How to defend the hurry up offense??

This might sound unconventional but it seems to work pretty well for me. First and for most, choose a few plays in the same formation you want to rotate between. Stick with these few plays. Don't over-think you're play-calling.

Even if they complete a 15 yard play, don't throw the play out. It helps seeing how the offense fairs against the play a few times.

For example, I was playing against Mizzou. I ran a Cover 1 Press and they hit me for a 20 yard pass. Kept the same play choice for the next three plays. They ran for 2 yards, then two incomplete passes, and a punt.

To sum it up, don't give up on a play because they break one once.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 08-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

good advice so far, thanks guys! any other opinions?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

I always blitz with man coverage behind. Just try to force a bad pass, or get a sack. Then when they huddle play more conservatively. I'm glad to read this and see other people blitz, makes me feel smart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 34

If you are playing someone running a "hurry up"

Chances are they have maybe 4 or 5 money plays, and their patterns will be easy to spot out after a while.

Once you get them out of these plays, they fold like a tent.

If you are playing someone running a no-huddle (using his brain), What I like to do is start out in the big nickle package.

This brings my starting SS into the nickle back slot.

I figure my starting SS is better then my 3rd corner, and this makes the nickle play like a mini 4-3.

Make sure you have some basic defensive audibles set up, for when you need to audible fast.

a zone blitz, man coverage, cover 3 or 4, and some type of flat-buster play for example.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 6

the key to slowing down the no huddle is having a comfort zone of plays

vs the REAL geniuses you must be creative and cook somethings up and have a quick mind or else you will be beat quickly

the best advice as alread said by some is to not over think it
again for the most part it will be the same play sets unless facing a good no huddler so relax and don't lose your mind which can easily happen vs the hurry up LOL
Old 08-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 20

I really just think about defensive calls as either basic, passive, or aggressive. Usually there's one of each on the playcall screen.

As for what to call when, it's more of a feel thing based on game circumstance, but generally I call "basic" plays when I'm not sure what to call or when the game is straight-forward and close, "passive" plays when I'm confused, and "aggressive" plays when I have a good read on what they're going to try.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

"As for what to call when, it's more of a feel thing based on game circumstance, but generally I call "basic" plays when I'm not sure what to call or when the game is straight-forward and close, "passive" plays when I'm confused, and "aggressive" plays when I have a good read on what they're going to try."

thats great logic, thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »