Home

Speed is still everything

This is a discussion on Speed is still everything within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #33
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Speed is still everything

But you've missed the point. The issue here isn't that players with high speed are not good enough. The issue is that players with average (or even below average) speed, but high acceleration and agility are not effective enough.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:13 AM   #34
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
But you've missed the point. The issue here isn't that players with high speed are not good enough. The issue is that players with average (or even below average) speed, but high acceleration and agility are not effective enough.
they are effective with me. i had a HB with 83 spd and 90 acc and gained 100 yds a game with him on 15 carries a game with SJSU
Old 08-09-2010, 03:33 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Yeah, RTE matters too, because it seems like at high enough levels, you sometimes avoid the "take 3 false steps and slow to a near complete halt" animation.

If they made it so that animation didn't play nearly as often, especially for players with above average RTE ratings, then I think the short passing game would be much more realistic against man to man, and you'd see ACC and AGI come into play more. Here's an example with Ryan Broyles (92 RTE), and you see that the crossing route works fairly well here. Not super overpowered to the point of making man to man useless (like '09), but not terrible like it is most of the time on '11. If the DB were rated higher, he may have even still been able to break up the pass, but in a way that wasn't cheap or glitchy. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen all that often right now (I had to run the play 5 or 6 times to get the animation to not play).

Look at that video again. I'm not sure what team the defense is, but they must be violating some rules having Deion Sanders, Revis, Aso and prime Champ Bailey on one team. Every receiver is just blanketed. Hell, the guy who caught the ball only did so because his defender got held up on the other guys crossing the field.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

Last edited by Scott812313; 08-09-2010 at 03:35 AM. Reason: add
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 04:09 AM   #36
All Star

OVR: 33

I had 3000 yards with my 3rd receiver and 2200 with my 4th receiver in a season.

Slots are too deadly. I didn't pass to my #1 or #2. Although my 3rd and 4th are 98 and 97 ovr. 5'7 97ish speed slots.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:20 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I had 3000 yards with my 3rd receiver and 2200 with my 4th receiver in a season.

Slots are too deadly. I didn't pass to my #1 or #2. Although my 3rd and 4th are 98 and 97 ovr. 5'7 97ish speed slots.
You should change your OS name to "Kraft", cause you're the cheesiest. Seriously, how did you do it? What level do you play on? How long of quarters? I don't see how this is possible unless you ran the same few plays from 5 wide shotgun and only threw to those 2 guys.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 08-09-2010, 05:01 AM   #38
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
You should change your OS name to "Kraft", cause you're the cheesiest. Seriously, how did you do it? What level do you play on? How long of quarters? I don't see how this is possible unless you ran the same few plays from 5 wide shotgun and only threw to those 2 guys.
7 minute quarters with one of the all-american slider sets posted here somewhere.

It helped heaps that my QB progressed to 99 overall after his 3rd season.

Yeah i only threw to those two guys. 5'7 with 96+ speed. The CPU cannot defend the slots with ridiculous speeds.

I ran the air raid.

Its not cheese imo. You run fly and go routes from the slots and its almost indefensible.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:44 AM   #39
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I see how it's possible if you run a really aggressive hurry up air raid offense, only throw to those players and run the score up on people. The computer isn't going to stop you from throwing to slot receivers, slot wrs don't deal with jams nearly as often and go routes do work way too often due to how the CPU defends.

If he truly only threw to those two guys it's only 5200 yards, which is only 400 yards a game with 13 games. Even less if he plays 14 a season. Def. cheesy though in the sense he's just abusing the same route constantly and the cpu never adjusts.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #40
All Star

i threw for about 5500. 14 games.

Its not just the Go route though. If its a jam, i won't have them go deep.

If the slot is clean, i usually go with the slant.

Humour me for a sec. Why doesn't this work in real life? It seems that if you put your fastest receivers in the slots, they'll be open on most routes. (Against DBs and safeties).

My team in real life has the smaller speedier guys on the outside, and the stronger taller guys in the slots.

IMO, the slots are consistently open regardless of what team you are playing with or against.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »