Home

Why does my QB dive-slide? It's kinda scary

This is a discussion on Why does my QB dive-slide? It's kinda scary within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Why does my QB dive-slide? It's kinda scary

It's like I'll be running and when I tap Square to slide he'll go into the head-first dive, and just when he's bent over ready to jump he suddenly does the slide animation (which is what I wanted the entire time).

I've been looking at this and it actually seems like it's been coded that the QB slides only when there's a guy a certain distance in front of him (not to the side, not behind). Like you tap to slide, and the guy's not close enough to activate the "slide" so you begin to dive but he gets close enough at one point and you suddenly slide.

However there have been times where my QB has just straight up dove and it's ended up being a fumble because he dives into a defender.

It's happened twice so far, I'll upload the two videos after my game if people don't know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Bio1590; 08-08-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: close enough. not far enough
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Why does my QB dive-slide? It's kinda scary

happens to me all the time
Old 08-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I haven't had any issues between diving and sliding but I never hold to dive because yeah you'll always fumble.

I think the weird almost dive motion is just an animation that has to be there for the one button slide/dive.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrokeu
I haven't had any issues between diving and sliding but I never hold to dive because yeah you'll always fumble.

I think the weird almost dive motion is just an animation that has to be there for the one button slide/dive.
Never had that problem before this year. If you tapped it you slid, if you held it you dove.

It's just appeared this year.

Oh and I just tapped it in front of 3 defenders and my QB dove like 5 yards for a TD. I meant for him to slide.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »