Home

Really hope they fix the playaction on this game

This is a discussion on Really hope they fix the playaction on this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Really hope they fix the playaction on this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHusker25
I think you are missing the point, play action as a CONCEPT is broken. The blocking is flawed, the execution is flawed, the fact that you can run 30 times in a row and call a PA pass on play 31 and the defense probably won't crash hard and more importantly the absolutely failure in the design of the PA animations out of EVERY formation make PA a crap shoot.

Try running play action out of the spread, the offense I run. Your QB takes two steps forward and turns his body INTO the pass rush before stepping back. Not only is this the least convincing pass fake animation in the history of EA, but it takes you into the defense which already doesn't bite on the fake. 9 times out of 10 it's a sack, the 10th time you have to force a throw off balance because you don't have time to square your shoulders.
great post
Old 08-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #34
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

PA is utterly broken in this game, I play on Heisman, and EVERY time I run PA, it is a INSTANT SACK. Every time. I wish they'd fix it.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

I find it that whenever I run a PA out of the shotgun, I tend to get sacked. The defense doesn't bite on the HB what so ever and heads towards me.

But when I run PA out of the I-Formation or Ace, the defense occasionally bites on the handoff and I can get some good yardage.

Maybe I have more blockers on those formations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

what I've noticed is that the PA is so broken because the blocking is broken for those plays. I got tired of being sacked so I watched the replay just to see where the guy came from...a D-lineman who was completely untouched as he went between two of my O-linemen. They didn't even make an attempt to block the guy.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHusker25
I think you are missing the point, play action as a CONCEPT is broken. The blocking is flawed, the execution is flawed, the fact that you can run 30 times in a row and call a PA pass on play 31 and the defense probably won't crash hard and more importantly the absolutely failure in the design of the PA animations out of EVERY formation make PA a crap shoot.

Try running play action out of the spread, the offense I run. Your QB takes two steps forward and turns his body INTO the pass rush before stepping back. Not only is this the least convincing pass fake animation in the history of EA, but it takes you into the defense which already doesn't bite on the fake. 9 times out of 10 it's a sack, the 10th time you have to force a throw off balance because you don't have time to square your shoulders.
WORD UP! This is EXACTLY what happens to me on PAs out of the spread.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #38
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Thought I'd bump this old thread rather than start a new one...

I don't mind so much a play action play not being effective... I just don't think it should result in the defense getting to the QB so quick, which almost always is the case.

This isn't just on blitzes either... It seems to me the play action just develops way too slow, which allows the d-line more time.

Seems to me what needs to be done is the QB and the player he is faking to need to speed things up a bit.

edit: And even if it is a blitz it should freeze the blitzing player(s) every now and then.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 08-14-2010 at 09:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »