Home

One of the most annoying things about this game

This is a discussion on One of the most annoying things about this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: One of the most annoying things about this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogeyman12
OP. What difficulty you play? I play All-American and haven't noticed this. Just on passes over the middle. Or where their playing zone. I don't remember seeing this 20+ yards downfield
I think he meant the pass was going 20+ yards downfield, not the bat down was happening 20+ yards downfield. Not sure if that's what you're asking about.

I had one a few days ago where I threw to a WR running a post, he was standing on the goal line when I threw and a LB standing on the 18 yard line knocked my pass down. I was never much for geometry but me thinks this isn't physically possible.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHusker25
I thought the tuner was supposed to do it...

lol please don't kid yourself into thinking the tuner even addressed this, I'm actually noticing it more post-tuner than pre-tuner.
I'm not seeing it more really, but I tend to see it in streaks. Several passes in a row will manage to go over the ball magnet LBs only to have them knock down every pass I throw for 2 or 3 series in a row. I rarely, if ever, see a LB jump in the air and miss the ball. If a LB jumps, the ball is going to be tipped.

Its a huge source of frustration for me.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost33
I'm not seeing it more really, but I tend to see it in streaks. Several passes in a row will manage to go over the ball magnet LBs only to have them knock down every pass I throw for 2 or 3 series in a row. I rarely, if ever, see a LB jump in the air and miss the ball. If a LB jumps, the ball is going to be tipped.

Its a huge source of frustration for me.
Streaky is a good way to describe it. They definitely come in bunches. I had a brutal one earlier today on a flag route by a CB sitting in the flat. That's just not right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

The tuner pack specifically mentioned linemen that jumped up knocking the balls down too often with nba-ish vertical leaps......did they also mention it covered every position based on size & weight or was that merely an example they used?
Old 08-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #13
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy112382
The tuner pack specifically mentioned linemen that jumped up knocking the balls down too often with nba-ish vertical leaps......did they also mention it covered every position based on size & weight or was that merely an example they used?
Yeah they said lineman but I am seeing to more now since the patch...pre-tuner I saw a DLineman knock down maybe 1 or 2 a game at most. Since the tuner, I am seeing it 5-8 times a game AND a PSU DT jumped up and INT'd me. Almost threw the controller on that one...sucked big time!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #14
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

I will say this has been my biggest complaint so far, aside from dynasty recruits/progression. It happens every once in a while in real life, but far too often in the video game.

Even post-tuners.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 08-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I RARELY see this but I think its because I play on All-American and very slow speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #16
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Putting a little touch on the passes instead of throwing bullets should fix this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »