Home

Long story, short....

This is a discussion on Long story, short.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Long story, short....

NCAA 11 is a piece of crap wrapped in a pretty package.

WHEN is EA going to make a TRUE SIM game. WHEN. All these supposed "enhancements" and new "FEAUTURES" are ALWAYS marketed like they are supposed to make the game more REALISTIC and all they do is EMPOWER CHEESERS. This game is so flawed it isn't funny. They haven't fixed ANYTHING. Late Option Pitch....still there, still accurate as ever (rarely is the pitch faulty even when being tackled), and NO ONE EVER takes the pitch man but all go to tackle the QB who is going to pitch the d@mn ball as he's being tackled! Game Plan....GIMMICKS! Jump Snap is used by ALL online and there is hardly EVER any penalty for them leaving it on aggressive. So what do you have to do to combat it, try to change your cadence, yeah that's fine when YOUR guys aren't false starting because of it. How about setting impact blocking to Aggressive to counter it, ooooh wait, that just gets me a rack of clips, while the Jump Snapper, oooh he MAY jump off sides ONCE it at all the entire game and still get MASSIVE pressure because of it. How about manual DE rush, OF COURSE its still there. Getting on the Tackles outside shoulder to rush...I GET IT, but allowing the DE to basically lineup where the slot is and run around the tackle is CHEESE and there is NOTHING you can do about it but try to out scheme it but when you do, the f'd up game just makes your WRs drop the damn ball when you read the play correctly and make the right call, or Ooooh yeah, just throw the ball over the WRs head, or better yet straight to the other team. I'm' so tired of this CRAP EA passes off to us every year and we like good little soldiers go and buy it and the SIM community is NEVER represented. Why not have 2 game modes. Arcade and Sim that enforces 2 entirely different ways to play the game. That way the cheesers can have their ARCADE style game and the REAL football guys can play football. I so long for the days of NFL 2K5. The LAST TRULY sim football game there was.

I'm SICK OF IT!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited by sEcTiOn8; 08-09-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Long story, short....

Sometimes you have to take it like Galley food. Take it for what it is worth, nothing more. I find it to play an excellent game offline and I know like every other game online, the online experience is going to be exploited. If you're looking for a game to play solid online, look for a good group of guys to play sim with or to not play at all, there are going to be cheesers no matter what title you are playing.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sEcTiOn8

WHEN is EA going to make a TRUE SIM game. WHEN.
When they determine that they will make more money making a TRUE SIM then they will doing what they do now. (Hint: that's never going to happen)
Old 08-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #4

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

LOL.............

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 08-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty77
When they determine that they will make more money making a TRUE SIM then they will doing what they do now. (Hint: that's never going to happen)
Sadly this is the truth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
Sometimes you have to take it like Galley food. Take it for what it is worth, nothing more. I find it to play an excellent game offline and I know like every other game online, the online experience is going to be exploited. If you're looking for a game to play solid online, look for a good group of guys to play sim with or to not play at all, there are going to be cheesers no matter what title you are playing.
That's just the point. I play almost exclusively online. Sliders don't help online and wtf, WHY should we need sliders anyways. Are NOT these guys SUPPOSED to be a simulation of football? Maybe its me and my mentality of wanting to play and represent the game in a realistic manner. If I'm guilty of that I will own that, but I really don't think its too much to ask for SOME manner of realism, at least an ATTEMPT would be nice. Instead of crippling the cheeser the community, they just empower them more is all I'm saying. It really sux.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
LOL.............
When you have something INTELLIGENT to add to the conversation we can talk.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sEcTiOn8
That's just the point. I play almost exclusively online. Sliders don't help online and wtf, WHY should we need sliders anyways. Are NOT these guys SUPPOSED to be a simulation of football? Maybe its me and my mentality of wanting to play and represent the game in a realistic manner. If I'm guilty of that I will own that, but I really don't think its too much to ask for SOME manner of realism, at least an ATTEMPT would be nice. Instead of crippling the cheeser the community, they just empower them more is all I'm saying. It really sux.
The bolded statement is 98% of your issue....Take it as it is, or just stop playing.

I havent played a down online since 06...And my experience overall is better for it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »