Home

Just had the most **** game....

This is a discussion on Just had the most **** game.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Just had the most **** game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
My best game was in my OD against the computers #4 TCU in week 3 with my Purdue Boilermakers.

I jumped out to an early 21-0 lead on them in the first quarter. First touchdown was a 3rd down pass to my #4 wideout in the back corner of the endzone. He clearly didn't get his foot down but TCU didn't challenge. Second TD I sack Dalton, force a fumble and run it in. Then I hit my star wideout on a long TD. I lose my starting HB during all of this but am feeling good thinking I got the game wrapped up. Second quarter is scoreless and I take my 21-0 lead into halftime.

After Halftime TCU finally wakes up. My starting QB self destructs throwing 2 INTs and I can't move the ball on the ground at all. They start creeping back into the game slowly. 21-3, 21-10 then they cut it to 21-18 late in the 4th. I get the ball back with 3-4 minutes left trying to run out the clock. On 3rd and 2 i catch them off guard and find my slot WR wide open for a 60+ yard catch and run. A TD would've put the game away but he gets caught from behind at the 5 yard line. I get conservative and end up settling for a FG to take a 24-18 lead with 2 minutes to go.

Then TCU's Dalton starts leading them down the field. They get all the way to my 44 and I force them into a 4th and long. Then this happens:

EA Sports: NCAA Football 11 Video

They kick the extra point and I'm now down 25-24. I have my backup QB in after my starter kept messing up and only have 49 seconds left. I'm pretty sure the game is over. But I return the kickoff to the 30, then hit a quick pass over the middle call a timeout. Next I find my slot wr and he sneaks up the sideline to their 45. I hit one more pass on a third down to get the ball to their 31. I burn my last timeout with 10 secs left. Out comes my kicker to attempt the 48 yard gamewinner from the right side. I get nervous because I can never aim kicks accurately from the right. I mess up a little on the accuracy but the ball just barely sneaks in almost hitting the left post. I take a 27-25 lead and win the game.

I went from feeling like I had the game in the bag, to blowing the lead, to thinking the game was over for me, then finally stealing it away. Probably ruined TCU's championship hopes.

that game sounded VERY entertaining, nice job sneaking out the win!! I love this game. In mine, I was NEVER on top, they were dominating number 4 team in the nation all game long, and my persistence led to me coming back and winning the game.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #10
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Just had the most **** game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
Sounds like a great game! So did I read that you play on 'varsity' sliders? How is that possible? Wouldn't you kill the CPU by like a minimum of 30 points or so? I'm no expert at all but if I play on anything but Heisman, I can's lose unless I intentionally do things I shouldn't do.

To answer your great games question -

I just lost to Utah St in my offline with New Mexico St, 17-14. I had just beaten SJSt 34-7 so I got cocky. Tried some strange plays I have never run and ended up punting three times when I had the ball on their side of the field.

Two turnovers later, I'm down 14-0 at the half. I get my act together and it's 14-14 heading into the 4th quarter. UTSt makes a great drive to go up 17-14 with 2 min left. I drive to their 15 and with 30 sec left I line up for a FG. They ice me, I shank it left, and lose 17-14.

I'm now 3-5 instead of 4-4. I screwed up.

go read up in the sliders forum about this. The AI actually plays "smarter" and doesn't cheat to win on lower difficulty. I put it at varsity, but then handicap myself and turn all my ratings down and jack up the CPU's sliders. It plays the best game of football imaginable. I live by them the past 3 years on NCAA and Madden both. Heisman is a joke, you either kill CPU or they cheat to win. This doesn't happen on my sliders. On a fluke team, I usually beat them soundly, but like my post above, cupcake forrest came in to that game hungry for a win and trying for the upset. I get a great mix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »