Home

Something I want to point out NCAA v. Madden

This is a discussion on Something I want to point out NCAA v. Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #25
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Something I want to point out NCAA v. Madden

obviously, the Madden guys are too busy playing to come to OS

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
Like I said, I don't ever recall this happening here at OS and If this was the case then the number of "viewers" would favor NCAA every year. NCAA has generated a ton of more interest and I'm sure most believe NCAA has released a far superior product. The proof is in the pudding as far as I'm concerned and I don't even watch college football, I'm 100% pure NFL and decided to purchase NCAA over Madden. Why? because it is better.
I've always preferred NCAA to Madden... (except 2004. Was that the year they started the QB vision cone? I know it was the last Madden to release before the 360 came out. Maybe it was 2005.)

The Madden gameplay is tight and really well done this year. For the first time in a while Madden seems to be on the heels of NCAA, but there's just so much more that NCAA offers eventhough with its deemed "little brother" status. While I haven't started a franchise in Madden yet, I'm sure it will stack up just fine. But it's hard to deny the charm, and downright greatness that NCAA 11 has this year.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #27
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
I've always preferred NCAA to Madden... (except 2004. Was that the year they started the QB vision cone? I know it was the last Madden to release before the 360 came out. Maybe it was 2005.)
The vision cone was actually 06. That was the first one on 360 and it had McNabb on the cover. 2004 had Vick on the cover and introduced the rightstick "playmaker" controls (which was actually a pretty good idea IMO, just not very useful about 90% of the time) and 2005 had Ray Lewis on the cover and was where they introduced defensive playmaker controls and hot routes.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 15

i always felt that NCAA got a lot more love on OS for some reason
Old 08-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #29
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

They didnt help themselves by announcing they were taking an extra year to change the franchise mode......I immediately said "Bring on Madden 12!" and Madden 11 has not even caught my attention. I played one demo game and havent touched it since....bleah

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »