Home

Simple recruiting tip

This is a discussion on Simple recruiting tip within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #9
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Simple recruiting tip

I'm gonna have to do this in my online dynasty since I've been recruiting horrible this year. Recruited a lot of LB's near the end of the year and I'll be moving them to the d-line.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:30 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

It absolutely isnt cheesing the game. A kid could have been playing a position in HS just because its what he liked best, was randomly chosen or wrongly/out of necessity assigned there.

What he comes in as out of HS def. should not be thought of as set in stone.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:05 AM   #11
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

yeah i have been doing this for awhile. Im getting 4 CB's in this years class and the two CB's i got last year I'll probably move to safety they were slower and this years class all should be pretty good. Just to help with depth cause i hate walk on players. I also got 3 C's this year and i need other OL help so one of them is probably getting moved. The two C's i have now are current 57 over. Im playing with SJSU in my second year and I just won the WAC i beat BSU and Nevada in back to back weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #12
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I do this alot with FB's as it seems I always have a hard time recruiting a good FB. You can move TE and even some HB's over.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium
This came to me last night, and I felt like a dope for never thinking of it before. I'm sure many of you here already do this, but I thought I'd lay it out there.

Say you really want to fill in some MLB depth this season, anticipating the two Junior MLBs who will be graduating/leaving early in the coming seasons. Maybe your MLB unit is pretty stacked, but you would like some talent so you can reload instead of rebuild once they're gone.

In this scenario, it can be kind of difficult to recruit MLBs because the recruits see that you're already set at that position for a couple seasons.

Now, let's also say you're not quite as stacked at OLB, and you've garnered interest from more talented OLBs than you really need (I think you should see where I'm going with this).

Solution: Go ahead and recruit a couple extra OLBs, and simply switch their position to MLB in the offseason.

This works pretty well for several related position groups:

T
G
C

DE
DT

MLB
OLB

FS
SS
CB

FB
TE

Generally speaking, when you switch these player positions around, they usually don't lose any more than 2 OVR points. Sometimes you get lucky and they actually gain points when switching positions.

I used this in my UAB dynasty when my depth at C consisted of two sub-60 freshmen. I had two interested center recruits to start the year, a 1-star and a 2-star. I also had about 6 interested 3-star guards. In the end, I recruited 4 guards, and one of them is now my starting center.

Granted, it's not quite optimal, and, if you're not careful, that FS you recruited to play CB might wind up being way too slow for CB, but it's considerably better than the alternative.

Just try to make sure your FS -> CB guys aren't too slow, your DE -> DT guys aren't too small, etc.

Anyway, just thought I'd drop a noob-ish tip for the other noobs out there.

Good point, I will give it a try.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 08-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #14
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I do this alot with FB's as it seems I always have a hard time recruiting a good FB. You can move TE and even some HB's over.
This is the position I'm in. To start, Georgia has two OUTSTANDING FBs, but both are seniors and neither was eligible to be red-shirted. I've been recruiting a 3* FB all season (Week 10) and just now got him to soft commit, but Tennessee is on my heals big time.

I'm going to check again when I get home, but when I was going through setting up my formation subs to my surprise I saw several backup LBs that had VERY good attributes for a move to FB. Obviously I'd have to wait until the offseason to move them permanently, but if one fits and I can get the recruit, that saves me the trouble of having to find two FBs to fill my roster. So if anyone is having a hard time finding FBs, don't look only on offense, be sure to check your defensive guys too!

PSN: Sixty5South
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #15
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
This is the position I'm in. To start, Georgia has two OUTSTANDING FBs, but both are seniors and neither was eligible to be red-shirted. I've been recruiting a 3* FB all season (Week 10) and just now got him to soft commit, but Tennessee is on my heals big time.

I'm going to check again when I get home, but when I was going through setting up my formation subs to my surprise I saw several backup LBs that had VERY good attributes for a move to FB. Obviously I'd have to wait until the offseason to move them permanently, but if one fits and I can get the recruit, that saves me the trouble of having to find two FBs to fill my roster. So if anyone is having a hard time finding FBs, don't look only on offense, be sure to check your defensive guys too!

How did I never think of that. I am really kicking my self right now

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 01:25 PM   #16
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

Been doing this type of thing for years and it happens in real life to. Been reading playing bio's and seen QB in high school then go on to play WR.

My thing is to get lots of athletes these are good to add depth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »