Home

NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Available with Details, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Available with Details, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #73
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Available with Details, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Great that several issues were fixed. However, I didn't see some major problems on that list:

1. Has play-action passing been tuned so that you don't get sacked 85 percent of the time?

2. Has blocking on punt and kickoff returns been adjusted to allow for more yardage?

3. Have they fixed the schedule issue where some schools have only 11 games, including some (Wisconsin and Washington State, included, I believe) that are missing a conference game?
Look at my last two posts in this thread for visual evidence and further explanation.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #74
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Patch #2 Official

I'm at work so I can't check this. I've put my dynasty on hiatus until the progression stuff was fixed. After LTP1, a lot of it was fixed, but they said that they wouldn't fix the kickers until the patch. Could someone test out this part of the patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA blog
Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
This makes it sound like KPW and KAC will progress more, but I'm curious if the recruits have been fixed to start out with more KPW and KAC. Did the majority of kickers go from this from FR -> SR:
KPW: 50 -> 60

to this:
KPW: 50 -> 90

or this:

KPW: 70 -> 90?

Since most teams only carry 1 kicker, if they only fixed progression, then it sounds like teams could still have a year or 3 of very poor kickers.

Thanx!
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #75
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #2 Available with Details, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I took a little deeper look at the 40 times. I count 124 players with a 40 time of 4.4 or under. Acceleration looks about the same at least to somewhat balance out the speed.

With that said ,were there that many guys with sub 4.4's before the tuner/patch? Just seems like a pretty high number.
124 guys out of over 2500 recruits, seems perfectly realistic to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #76
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Well Im playing Rice @ SDSU and im totally seeing dirty unis. SDSU all black uni is clearly dirty my RB is the worse.

PS3 by the way
Old 08-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #77
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
You could do the same pre-patch because there was never an all or nothing with PA. FWIW, I believe the sliders just need to change for post-patch versus pre-patch to change the effectiveness of play action. Pass rush in general plays different, pursuit plays different, etc.
What difficulty level do you play on and what changes will you be making?
Old 08-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #78
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

sweet, I can confirm we have mud on PS3. I guess you have to be in medium rain though.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #79
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
sweet, I can confirm we have mud on PS3. I guess you have to be in medium rain though.
What about no rain, any grass stains or anything?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #80
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
What difficulty level do you play on and what changes will you be making?
All-American, Coach Mode, and pass rush and rush defense sliders must stay somewhat neutral after the 2nd patch IMO. The pursuit is just too powerful now and high pass rush sliders (75 and above) mean insta-sacks on PA still if anything more than 4 men are rushing. Like I said, this isn't a game problem but a slider problem for those who tinkered pre-patch.

Hopefully lowering pass rush sliders won't result in QB's having 10 seconds in the pocket on 3 and 4 man rushes on non-PA plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »