Home

How many is still playing/enjoying Ncaa after Madden?

This is a discussion on How many is still playing/enjoying Ncaa after Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #9
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How many is still playing/enjoying Ncaa after Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
I'm planning to buy Madden but not until the patch for the audible controls is out. So in a month or so. Hopefully there will be some other fixes in that patch as well. Out of the box I think NCAA seems like the better game, and now that we have two patches and two tuner sets for it as well, Madden will have a hard time competing.
If this happends I may get it.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #10
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I love both and am bouncing back and forth like a cat on a hot tin plate. Love it! Great year for football. And anyone who thinks Madden is not great like NCAA this year really is just not giving it a chance IMO.
+1 I have enjoyed both and for the first time in a while I have two football games that I enjoy
Old 08-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I don't think so, I've not checked them out yet. But guess what, football games didn't used to have online play, let alone online franchise/dynasty, so that, in my personal opinion, is not a game killer by any means if the actual game play is a blast (which IMO it is).
You're right, football games didn't USED TO have online play, but they do now, so why when you have a monopoly on the NFL would you put out a broken online mode? Gaming in general is headed more toward online play, and it's pretty easy to see that the reason Online Franchise was the least used mode last year, was because it was completely awful. Especially when you compare it to NCAA.

Simply unacceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm going back and forth as well, but I'm pretty frustrated with the lack of defense in Madden. Once I find some good sliders & a patch is released to shore those things up, I would say both games would be really, really good. Out of the box NCAA is definitely the better game though.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

skeezapleez - no doubt they need to improve it, I'm 100% in agreement with you on that. I'm just saying that I think it's silly to ignore a game or refuse to play it because it doesn't have everything you want. It is really doing yourself a great disservice, IMO, if you go that route as Madden plays a great game of football this year.

IMO it's like saying you're refusing a t-bone steak seared on the grill to perfection because it doesn't have a potato with sour cream on the side. Yes next year we want the potato w/sour cream but I'm not ignoring the steak this year...
Old 08-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #14
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
skeezapleez - no doubt they need to improve it, I'm 100% in agreement with you on that. I'm just saying that I think it's silly to ignore a game or refuse to play it because it doesn't have everything you want. It is really doing yourself a great disservice, IMO, if you go that route as Madden plays a great game of football this year.

IMO it's like saying you're refusing a t-bone steak seared on the grill to perfection because it doesn't have a potato with sour cream on the side. Yes next year we want the potato w/sour cream but I'm not ignoring the steak this year...
To me, great changes to the Online Franchise, would have been the steak
Old 08-11-2010, 11:42 AM   #15
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with Odogg. I'm flipping both back and forth.
Same here. I bought Madden last night. Got home played a Play Now game then popped NCAA back in.

I'm not saying M11 is bad. It's actually really good but, right now I'm just immersed in NCAA. Plus, I'm waiting on roster's to get straightened out as well as a good set of sliders for Madden. I'm sure once we get closer to the NFL Season I will start playing M11 more and more. This year is the best sports year possibly ever, IMO. My next purchase will be NBA 2K11. I can't wait for that one either.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

skeezapleez - sorry but a great franchise, online or offline, means absolutely nothing to me if the game isn't any fun to play. I honestly don't know how you cannot consider the game play to be the steak and everything else is the sides. To each his own though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »