Home

How many is still playing/enjoying Ncaa after Madden?

This is a discussion on How many is still playing/enjoying Ncaa after Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #17
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How many is still playing/enjoying Ncaa after Madden?

I don't have Madden but I already put NCAA away.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #18
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Question from those who've played both. What are the gameplay differences between NCAA and Madden. From playing the demo and reading reviews impressions the gameplay in both seems really similar. I can't justify buying a game that's basically NCAA 11 with NFL teams, esp when the other new additions (gameflow online 3 vs 3) are useless to me.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #19
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

I'll pick madden up once I can find it for $40 or so. Demo was terrible and probably the worst football game i've ever played.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #20
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't think so, I've not checked them out yet. But guess what, football games didn't used to have online play, let alone online franchise/dynasty, so that, in my personal opinion, is not a game killer by any means if the actual game play is a blast (which IMO it is).
Exactly what I was thinking. Gameplay wise both are really good football games.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #21
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

My personal opinion is that you aren't missing anything by not buying Madden 11, especially if you have Madden 10. There is no velocity whatsoever to the game. Even when the gamespeed is bumped up to normal, the players still feel like they are going half-speed. Last year's Madden "slow" speed felt just right. Here, it is way off.

The blocking improvements are there just like in NCAA, but the defense is horrid. Too many broken tackles and the coverage leaves a lot to be desired, which may be a plus on offense as I haven't seen the CBs do the mirror route running thing yet. But overall I'd say that there is not one thing that Madden does better than NCAA this year as far as gameplay.

The Madden playbooks on offense have been pared down, the lighting is good but I perfer NCAA's as there is a little more grit to it, whereas Madden has a bit too much gloss, giving it almost a cartoon feel. Maybe Gus Johnson over Nessler, but that is quickly negated when Collinsworth comes in with last year's lines and you hear him say, "Tom, I'll tell ya'..."

Madden will definitely benefit from a few patches, but as of now I wouldn't be running out to buy it unless you just need an NFL fix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

poopoop - no worries about the games being too similar, they feel and look very much different from one another. I just wish the controls were a little more like one another.

olliethebum85 - I agree, the demo was terrible, but the retail is worth every bit of $63. It's nothing like the demo.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #23
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i like both and to answer someone question madden does have online franchise and a site too. players have more weight feel to them in madden compared to ncaa . coverage and other stuff can be fixed with a patch . to bad madden don't have tuners
Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
olliethebum85 - I agree, the demo was terrible, but the retail is worth every bit of $63. It's nothing like the demo.
How do you feel it's different, out of curiosity? I haven't heard much comparison between the two except for people whose opinions I don't trust saying the demo and game both suck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »