Home

4-2-5 and 3-3-5 Defense Man alignment

This is a discussion on 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 Defense Man alignment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
4-2-5 and 3-3-5 Defense Man alignment

What is wrong with the way your players line up in the 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 defense when calling man coverage. One of my guys that is supposed to be coveraging a WR is lined up behind the guard in front of the LB. What the crap. I get some many blown coverages because they are not lining up correctly. Does patch 2 fix this? Is this going to be addressed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 Defense Man alignment

I think its because the 4-2-5 is already very powerful and having proper man coverage would make it dang near broken considering all the pressure it gets.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:07 AM   #3
Rookie

??? Why would they intentionally line your players incorrectly just to mask it less dominate? I don't care why its like the way it is, I just hope they fix it.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

i had this happen in about the first 5 games i played with SMU in my dynasty with the 3-3-5 defensive playbook. i have since finished my season with SMU and became the coach at Florida. in the last half of the season with SMU and through the first 6 games with Florida, i have been using the multiple D defensive playbook(which has both the 3-3-5 and the 4-2-5) and have not been experiencing this alignment error.

just thought i would let you know my personal experiences with the same issue.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
i had this happen in about the first 5 games i played with SMU in my dynasty with the 3-3-5 defensive playbook. i have since finished my season with SMU and became the coach at Florida. in the last half of the season with SMU and through the first 6 games with Florida, i have been using the multiple D defensive playbook(which has both the 3-3-5 and the 4-2-5) and have not been experiencing this alignment error.

just thought i would let you know my personal experiences with the same issue.
I see that it always happens when you call man to man and there is a slot WR to the right of the offense. I think its dumb that the Dev team didn't catch this. I'm almost afraid to call man because they line up incorrectly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
i have been using the multiple D defensive playbook(which has both the 3-3-5 and the 4-2-5)
The multiple D playbook does not have those formations in them unless im missing something completely.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

You are not missing anything. Those formation are not in the Multiple D playbook.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #8
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
I see that it always happens when you call man to man and there is a slot WR to the right of the offense. I think its dumb that the Dev team didn't catch this. I'm almost afraid to call man because they line up incorrectly.
Is it possible to manually move that particular DB in front of or closer to the WR he's covering? Or is it just a matter of having the time to do so before the offense snaps the ball?

PSN: Sixty5South

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »