Home

Defensive Threads

This is a discussion on Defensive Threads within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
Rookie

JacksSmirkingRevenge's Arena

OVR: 1
Defensive Threads

I'm looking to get better at defense, and I was wondering are there any threads that discuss specific defensive styles like the Air Raid thread on here? Also any tips? My defensive game is pretty weak. I typically run the 4-6(Speed)/2-4-5 as my spread/3rd down and pass defense. While using a mix of the 5-2/3-4 under to counter running downs.

I don't really care about the uber defensive plays(quarters show blitz for example) that stop 95% of the offensive plays. I'm a sim player just asking for some scheme/base defense help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Defensive Threads

I would suggest working on your strengths and playing it safe until you know you can strike

nothing worse than attempting to bring the pain and having it brought right back at you lol

as far as the 3-4 the key is disguising and switching up the blitzes along with a dominating NT to really clog the run so you can focus on other areas of the run or pass game

again mixing up playcalling and being opportunistic at the RIGHT TIME is the key to defense
other times play it safe and force long drives and play it pretty conservative and know your team personnell of course

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »