Home

CPU still hoarding certain positions

This is a discussion on CPU still hoarding certain positions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 05:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CPU still hoarding certain positions

I'm in year four of my UAB dynasty. I was curious about who has the best players in the country in 2013. Surprisingly, Navy's senior HB is the highest rated player at 99.

Even more surprising is that Alabama has two QBs at 95+. One a Senior from the default rosters, the other a Junior with no redshirt. After I saw this, I wondered what other kind of freaks of nature were hidden on their roster. I went and checked it out, and, sure enough, they had eight. freaking. QBs.

I figured if the tuner didn't fix this then the patch would have. Actually, I thought the developer's blog said specifically the tuner was going to fix the recruiting problems. I guess they were fixing other recruiting problems. What gives? Any updates from EA on a fix for this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: CPU still hoarding certain positions

Yeah, thats a bummer. I know they are aware of it, but doesnt seem like it can be fixed if it hasnt already. Or they tweaked it but didnt resolve the entire issue.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium
I'm in year four of my UAB dynasty. I was curious about who has the best players in the country in 2013. Surprisingly, Navy's senior HB is the highest rated player at 99.

Even more surprising is that Alabama has two QBs at 95+. One a Senior from the default rosters, the other a Junior with no redshirt. After I saw this, I wondered what other kind of freaks of nature were hidden on their roster. I went and checked it out, and, sure enough, they had eight. freaking. QBs.

I figured if the tuner didn't fix this then the patch would have. Actually, I thought the developer's blog said specifically the tuner was going to fix the recruiting problems. I guess they were fixing other recruiting problems. What gives? Any updates from EA on a fix for this problem?
Did you start your dynasty before the tuner came out? Because that would leave the ridiculous original classes in the dynasty. So if they have 5 junior QBs, it would make sense.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 08-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Did you start your dynasty before the tuner came out? Because that would leave the ridiculous original classes in the dynasty. So if they have 5 junior QBs, it would make sense.

Exactly what I was thinking. He would have to give it a few more years to make sure.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

Itīs definitely still happening. The issue imo is that the cpu targets need-positions (so far so good) but as you can see when sorting your recruiting board by need you might end up having 5 QBs in your Top10 (and the same happens for the cpu, just take controll of any team and check their board) and for the power houses especially this means that every once in a while they end up getting the lead on multiple players on the same position.

After that they donīt seem to drop players or adjust the recruiting board once their need is filled. And the recruits donīt have the "smarts" to not go to a team that allready signed 2 higher ranked prospects at their position.

Itīs not as bad as before though from what i can see, they do a decent job of not recruiting the same position again a year or 2 later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

After the last patch and tuner I Orgeon sign the #1 and #3 punters. I guess they were just anticipating a lot of 3 and outs.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #7
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Post tuner (Haven't checked since the patch) I counted like 17+ teams with 6 or more QB's and multiple teams with like 11+ WR. Even teams who have like 7+ HB's.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
Post tuner (Haven't checked since the patch) I counted like 17+ teams with 6 or more QB's and multiple teams with like 11+ WR. Even teams who have like 7+ HB's.
9 RBs on GTECH....Depth will be solid for YEARS to come...5 QBs as well.

But i am gonna re-start my dynasty anyway...Hope that makes a differance. But if certain teams that i have zero interest in using or even playing during the year...Its no biggie for me really...Goofy, but not that big a deal...again for me...cannt speak for others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »