Home

Building Boise State like team impossible?

This is a discussion on Building Boise State like team impossible? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #1
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Building Boise State like team impossible?

After looking around and reading some articles. Seeing as how in 2007 Boise had a recruiting class of 29 players, only 7 even being 3* players, and now 12 of those players starting on a top 5 team. A Heisman candidate who was ranked 31st of pro-style QBs coming out of high school.

It is impossible to do this in this video game. The 2* and 3* players could never carry you to BCS wins and top 5 teams. I get if you play every game you can win with these players, but in just simming games and letting the players play to their ability, you would be a 9-3 team at best, as long as none of these guys played til they were seniors. I am tempted to only recruit players 3* and below for 4 season and see how it turns out. I'm sure a few of the players would turn into solid college players, but I would not be able to put together an undefeated team. I mean the teams you would be playing in bowl games and all the other ranked teams are bringing in 5* and 4* players. Because of the values assigned to these guys in the game they will be better than the players ranked below through their whole career. I get we don't want randomness to the recruits, but make it to where if I scout the three and two star players enough, I could bring in classes of 20-25 of serviceable players, with around 10 of them turning into solid starters, some even as early as freshman.

Just a thought about the recruits in this game. I love the game itself and have a ton of fun playing it. I know it is a video game and they have to set boundaries for recruits. I just wish I could come across a player like a Kellen Moore who is hardly recruited, but turns into a star. I mean you bring in a player that low rated a recruit and start him early in his career? Be prepared to lose a lot.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Building Boise State like team impossible?

That's why we need coaching ratings. A lot of the reason Boise State is so good with those guys is cause they develop them awfully well and they know how to prepare for a game. That staff is one of the best in the biz..
Old 08-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

the recruiting process and recruit creation is very, very streamlined in this game. EA decided to play it very safe here, for better or worse you won´t see many busts and "crazy things" but also not very many surprises.

The No 300 recruit will (almost ?) allways be better rated than the No 500 recruit (assuming they play the same position) as it seems that Ea more or less sorts them by their overall rating (and position-importance)
If you get a player ranked between 50 and 150 he will almost allways come in rated around 80 to start.

In Madden they went the route of pre-settting draft classes to implement busts and sleepers by having great players hard-coded as late round picks and some bad players hard-coded as first rounders (and went away from the streamlined creation and evaluation), since that is impossible with recruiting classes of 3000 players i guess they gave us the best option with the least amount of screwup-potential.

Like said, for better or worse ...

I´m not happy with it, but i can see that this might be the best solution overall.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't know anything about Kellen Moore's situation, but from what I've read a big reason he was looked over was due to his measurabes (height/weight/not athletic/weak arm). This game doesn't seem to care at all whether your QB is 7'0 or 5'5, 150 pounds or 300.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »