Home

Can you return a punt for a TD?

This is a discussion on Can you return a punt for a TD? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
SC**NC*!

DrStrangepork's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Can you return a punt for a TD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhackler
I think its easier this year than ever. It's all about starting one way and then hitting a cutback lane (much like real life). If your returner is speedy enough he can squeeze through the creases and head for the sideline.
I agree, I've returned 4 so far and thats 4 more than in previous years. The gunners are brutal and if I can get by them and they don't get me from behind I think I have a chance. Its really feast of famine.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I did it once before the last patch and tuner set. Had to just break a tackle and then outrun everyone. Usually I get tackled instantly or there is a wall of 9 guys on me in 2 seconds after the initial tackler.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have done it 4x but it was all in one game against a FCS school with my returner who has 99 speed and 99 Acceleration
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 08:23 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

Did it today in my last dynasty game with Junior Hemingway (who I love using this year, BTW).
Old 08-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhackler
I think its easier this year than ever. It's all about starting one way and then hitting a cutback lane (much like real life). If your returner is speedy enough he can squeeze through the creases and head for the sideline.
A cutback lane? You're seeing them covering lanes? Really? We must seriously have different games.

I haven't returned a Punt yet, but I have returned several kick returns, which is pretty easy to do if you are kicked to on the far left/right side. Why? Because the special teams do NOT cover lanes. They simply run to the point the ball carrier is located. So if you catch the ball to the right, run to the left, pulling the guys on the right out of their lanes, and then cut back to the right and it's open field to the end zone. This was a problem in M10 and appears to be in NCAA 2011 as well.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #14
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Almost ran back a kick but find it impossible to run back a punt.

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #15
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
A cutback lane? You're seeing them covering lanes? Really?.
As the two gunners come down your two deep blockers will pick them up, see which way the blocking works out and go to the outside shoulder of your blocker that is blocking the gunner inside (realistic punt return technique) after this you'll have a bit of open space and some breathing room to pick your lane to cut it back across the field to the opposite sideline.

With some luck and timing you can outrun chasing defenders to the sideline where its then the kicker to beat who will likely get picked up by a block or you can pretty easy juke or simply outrun him to the endzone.

I've returned quite a few with multiple returners. Jayron Hosley was the best returner in the country 2 years in a row in my Va Tech dynasty. Took a few back each year.

PS. I'm using FootballForevers No Baloney Heisman Slider set. Maybe there's something in that slider set that makes it more do'able?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had my first punt return for a TD earlier. I was using Kentucky and I have to say Randall Cobb is a beast! In the probably 20 or so games I've played using Kentucky he's returned to kickoffs for TD's and my one punt. It was an 82 yard return at that. I play on all american in case anybody's wondering.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »