Home

Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore

This is a discussion on Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Since Patch 2: Not having fun anymore

Glad i don't have a solid internet connection where i am now. I would've been pretty bummed out about this. Well I'll stick with patch one until i hear some good news.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
Difficulty? Sliders?

The more complaint posts I read, the more I realize that everybody is playing a completely different game from everyone else. The difficulty and slider settings (not to mention user skill level) make such a huge difference. I've noticed some changes after the patch but nothing that made the game extremely easier - in fact the two main changes are running for me is harder (especially outside), and passing for the CPU is easier (especially deep pinpoint passes to guys standing on the back line of the endzone, for some reason). I play All-American with a modified version of SN's sliders.
What he said. Try SN's sliders. I can promise you that you won't beat teams like Penn State, USC, Oklahoma by 40-50 points.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #59
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

What i don't get is why the massive change? I don't know if I'm the only one that feels the game became easy, but this is really odd. I have to get new sliders now(i've been using Playmakers), considering it's the only way to fix how awful my games have been so far.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 08-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Yep. I just did a Play Now on Varsity with default sliders, and I noticed this. I was Mizzou playing against Nebraska at Columbia, and I won 27-24 on a last second FG. It was probably the best game I've played in weeks. The CPU will still send too many rushers at predictable times and I torched them for like 380 yards, but I also threw about 45 times and had to do a lot of short dump offs. The middle of the field was still open a little more than I would have liked, but not nearly as much as it has been on games I've played on Heisman and All-American. Also the CPU offensive playcalling was superb. They mixed runs with passes well and called playaction at the right times. I don't know if it was just coincidence or if the CPU actually just plays smarter on Varsity, but at any rate I will try it again soon to see if it's legit.

Also, both QBs were in the low 70% range, so Robo QB wasn't too awful. I think bumping up both human and CPU pass rush might force more incompletions and result in less times for routes to develop over the middle.

Hmm.....I've been playing on default AA, and my first game after patch #2 was against Michigan. They were completing passes like it was Joe Montana out there. Short, medium, flats, etc. were all open. I tried several times to go deep myself, only to have alot of overthrows....

Perhaps I, too, should drop to Varsity.............
Old 08-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Difficulty? Sliders?

The more complaint posts I read, the more I realize that everybody is playing a completely different game from everyone else. The difficulty and slider settings (not to mention user skill level) make such a huge difference. I've noticed some changes after the patch but nothing that made the game extremely easier - in fact the two main changes are running for me is harder (especially outside), and passing for the CPU is easier (especially deep pinpoint passes to guys standing on the back line of the endzone, for some reason). I play All-American with a modified version of SN's sliders.
I think the frustration is, prior to the patch people had the sliders tweaked to their liking, and were having realistic, fun games. We were looking for a couple tweaks: RB's should not lean or cover the ball when not necessary, and should look to take the ball to the outside, and maybe tighten up zone coverage a bit, and make the QB's miss a few more passes, and fix progession and recruiting, thats it, and the game would be really good IMO. Then they release this patch and all of a sudden its like a new game (and not it a good way) and we're going WTF?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
I think the frustration is, prior to the patch people had the sliders tweaked to their liking, and were having realistic, fun games. We were looking for a couple tweaks: RB's should not lean or cover the ball when not necessary, and should look to take the ball to the outside, and maybe tighten up zone coverage a bit, and make the QB's miss a few more passes, and fix progession and recruiting, thats it, and the game would be really good IMO. Then they release this patch and all of a sudden its like a new game (and not it a good way) and we're going WTF?
I think part of the problem is that their tweaks are designed sometimes to fix things we have already found ways to fix through sliders. And other times they're just trying to tone down something that's bugging everybody, and it ends up being a headache for people who already adjusted their sliders to deal with it. I know my sliders for running and pass coverage were way off the defaults to try to correct issues in the out-of-the-box game, so I'm not too surprised that the patch and tuners have changed these aspects a lot. You just have to keep adjusting, and maybe occasionally play a default sliders game again to see what EA is (probably) seeing.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
What i don't get is why the massive change? I don't know if I'm the only one that feels the game became easy
Like night and day easier. I too don't understand the massive change. Honestly, this game feels like NCAA 09 again.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:00 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
I think part of the problem is that their tweaks are designed sometimes to fix things we have already found ways to fix through sliders. And other times they're just trying to tone down something that's bugging everybody, and it ends up being a headache for people who already adjusted their sliders to deal with it.
Good point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »