Home

Lost my number 1 ranking

This is a discussion on Lost my number 1 ranking within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Lost my number 1 ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
I believe they dropped to #2 after beating a bad Indiana team 35-29.....
that was the next week, PSU was up 35-14 against IU with 1:30 to go in the game. PSU had 2 TD's called back early in the 4th quarter, and then IU scored vs PSU's 3rd team D, and then caught a hail mary and went for 2 with :03 left to make it 35-29. IU did all of their scoring against the reserves from PSU that day.

One of them games where the score was nowhere near indicative of the actual game.

PSU held onto #1 in the coaches poll after beating OSU 63-14, and dropped in the Associated Press poll to #2...the next week, Penn State dropped to #2 in the coaches poll by a result of the "score" rather than the actual game.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #10
Rookie

tjm80's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Lost my number 1 ranking

I started up a dynasty as Bama to get this trophy along with the trophy for winning every game by 21+. Midway through the season I dropped from #1 to #3 being passed by undefeated Ohio State and Iowa. I changed my schedule to get rid of Bama's cupcake schedule and gave them an A+ SOS. The next season I scheduled as many top 5 ranked teams I could. And periodically checked the standings and teams were sometimes within 50 points of catching me in the polls, I stayed at a consistent 1500.

This may be cheating, but in order to remain #1 I would go to the scores and schedules and play against the #2 ranked team and beat them for the sake of getting this trophy. Once it was mine I deleted the dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »