Home

Calling all dynasty mode junkies!!!! (idea's for NCAA 12)

This is a discussion on Calling all dynasty mode junkies!!!! (idea's for NCAA 12) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #49
Rookie

Sh3Ikfly's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Calling all dynasty mode junkies!!!! (idea's for NCAA 12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofresno
Number 3 is Scheduling, having to make contracts with other schools for future seasons. ex. If I'm a mid major I might have to sign a two away and one home deal to get a decent team at home.
I like this idea. It makes non conference scheduling more realistic and requires us to put more thought into it. I try to do this myself, schedule a school one year and at least change the location the next year. Half the time though I forget who I played the year before and I never remember to write it down. Either way, it is a good idea to require the teams to lock in an opponent for a certain number of years with possible rotating locations.

It is possible the following feature is in the current version of the game, but I haven't played a long enough dynasty to find out yet. There needs to be a way to build rivalries. Florida State vs Florida Atlantic is not a rivalry of any kind at the moment, but if these teams play each other enough they should be able to become rivalries based on their geographical locations and game results.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #50
Rookie

ReadyForTheShow's Arena

OVR: 3

I keep noticing people saying 'in-season progression' is needed and there are a few posts about how it gets 'screwed up' when it is implemented. I think what you guys want is inflation and deflation of ratings passed on core stats for each specific position. In my opinion progression is not based upon a players on-field production but, that in which they do in the off-season. Rarely do players regress during the off-season unless it is due to injury or off-field issues(which the NCAA strongly stated they would prefer out of the game). Players may perform below expectations but that may be due to an incoming freshman or the progress made by a back-up. I think as far as 'progression' goes you have to layout what you mean when the term is used. Players have break-outs and slumps and I personally think with regards to the way EA has gone about using this is not great yes but its not lacking in my opinion. I think progression needs to be looked at as a system/feature and can't be updated with tuners/patches but I think it needs to be worked on with as much detail as locomotion.

Heck, for all I care tell me they have this new system/feature next year called 'progress-a-motion' and I will be happy.

EDIT: This is my opinion of course.

Last edited by ReadyForTheShow; 08-14-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:41 PM   #51
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

I have to agree with alot of the idea's that ballers are sharing. Some has been there in the past and been taken out for whatever so reason. Keep them coming guys! I am liking the way this thread is coming together!!! My main goal is for the EA NCAA Team to see this and taking alot of the idea's for dynasty mode from this list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #52
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Spectator mode for Online Dynasty. Even if that is the only feature for dynasty mode then I am satisfied.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:54 AM   #53
Rookie

NDNathan's Arena

OVR: 3

1. Games that are not televised should not get the TV announcing crew, replays, etc. This was correct in NCAA 10, why break it for NCAA 11. Fan attendance (or lack thereof) should be more pronounced as well.

2. Revamp home field advantage. Bring back the screen shake, increase penalty frequency, missed assignments, etc. Overhaul the crowd noise to really show a difference between a night game at LSU and an afternoon game at Akron. They sound exactly the same in NCAA 11. The crowd needs to be totally redone. Let us hear an "Ooh" when a big hit is made. During a big return, the crowd should grow progressively louder and start to stand as the return man breaks free. More interactive sidelines with coaches, press, players in various poses.

3. An accurate portrayal of the student section and band. Make it actually matter which end of the field we pick. Any home team would want their opponent to be going into the student section/band at the end of each half. In this game, it makes no difference. It should be noticeably louder at the student's end of the field (and affect performance as well).

4. Bring back scouting. Perhaps this could be a way to revitalize the recruiting. Expand the preseason recruiting into a 5 week session where we can discover, at our choosing, certain attributes of the recruits. Many of the ratings should be hidden unless we scout.

5. This one probably doesn't even need to be said but... coaching carousel!!!

6. Allow us to set the day and time of our dynasty games. If, as a small school, we schedule some of our home games on Thursday nights, it should be more likely to get televised.

7. This is just my wet dream, but give us a playoff option instead of the garbage BCS

There are many great suggestions in this thread (discipline, spring game, med RS, return of in-season progression, 1-AA/FCS, assistant coaches, AD mode, etc). If the NCAA team can take notice and implement many of these changes, this game could suck us back in like the good old days. Not to say that this isn't a good game now, it is a solid game, and easily the best on this generation of consoles. It just doesn't have the same feel as it did 5-7 years ago. Those games were played non-stop, even after the CFB season was over. I am not sure that this game has such longevity. It is really hard to put my finger on exactly what made those old games so special, I just know that I don't get that same feeling with NCAA 11. Maybe some of these changes would put EA back on the right track.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 7

Here's my Top 5:

1. Coaching carousel, complete with offensive and defensive coordinators, each with their own attributes and systems they use. Feel free to copy how College Hoops 2K8 implemented this. All coaches and coordinators completely editable as part of the roster (again like CH2K8).

2. Smart recruiting where players are recruited based on how they would fit in in the team's system (ie. scrambling QB's for a team with an option-based offense) and team's not over-signing too many players at certain positions.

3. Ability to have neutral site games at the user's discretion with the all game's kickoff time editable by the user before each game. This would accomodate the user playing the most realistic schedule possible. Neutral site games should not give an AI home field advantage to either team. Also, the crowd should sound like a true neutral site crowd.

4. Playable spring game with all incoming freshmen. I know IRL not all freshmen are enrolled in the spring, but since there's no fall practice in the game, it would be fine to have all freshmen available for this game (just think of it as a combined spring/fall camp. I don't want all offseason progression determined by this game, but I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of bonus points awarded for great performances in this game.

5. Playable East-West game.

The top 3 are must haves and the last 2 would just be icing on the cake.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #55
Rookie

yoda43's Arena

OVR: 1

First of all let me say I am all for all of these ideas as long as we can have them in both the ONLINE DYNASTY and the OFFLINE DYNASTY. If it cant be both i dont even want them.

1. Custom Playbooks - Even if this is just a copy of what we had on the ps2. This could be simular to the teambuilder feature. Give us a site to go to where we can create, edit, post and share our playbook creation.

2. In season Progression - This is a no brainer, your players should get better during the season. For example, Sam Bradford in his first year at OU. Everyone around Norman was skeptical about the QB position, but by the end of the year we had ourselves a Heismen trophy contender. Also, this one would encourage me to focus more on depth. I loved it on the ps2....it gave me a reason to play my backups.

3. Some kind of USER controlled offseason training like we used to have on the PS2. This could be a spring game or spring drills, i dont care which one...but bring it back.

4. Coaching Carousel/Asst. Coaches - We need something like this, its really long overdue. Even if it isnt super in depth it would still be fun. Plus imagine how much it could add to the game. Asst coaches could impact training and recruiting on a whole new level than what we have now.

5. Promise Clues - What i am reffering to here is something where we would get feedback from the players that we make promises too. I have a thread about this somewhere, but as an example currently most of the promises are really vague. Like play a game in players home state...okay does this mean the player has to play in this game or just the team ? What would be cool is, in the week leading up to the game you would get feedback from your player or your coaching staff saying "PLAYER X is really excited about PLAYING in his home state this week." This way you would have a pretty good idea that in order to complete this promise he needs to play in that game.

6. Stadium / Facility upgrades - I love this idea too, as long as it doesnt get too crazy like what madden used to have. I really dont need to be in charge of my teams hotdog prices, t-shirt sales, or whether or not i want to sell beer. Just let me add some cool stadium pieces to my stadium to make it bigger. HAPPY VALLEY didnt always look like it does now...it did take time tough for it to seat 100,000. So maybe this is something that could come up every 3 - 7 years. And as a team you would have to meet certain expectations over a consistent period of time in order to unlock this. But it could be really fun, the game could give you the option to copy other stadiums end zone seats or even just choose from a generic group of stadium pieces. Facility upgrades could be something that could be fun too. Like by upgrading your weight room you would get more drills to do in the offseason.

Anyways.....love all this stuff, hope EA sees this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #56
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

wow, lots of great stuff here. i may repeat some but.....

1) would love a true coaches/AD mode a la front office football/NFL head coach but for college. may have to be its own separate game i guess. but something where you start off as a position coach and work your way up.

2) i know with having the game afilliated with the NCAA and all this is probably not gonna happen but would love the ability to dirty recruit/have players have discipline problems/probation and such. i mean you know, if its in the game....

3)true custom conferences where you can edit conf size, bowl tie ins, # of teams, champ game, BCS affiliation or not, which leads to....

4) remember the days when at the beginning of your dynasty you got to choose btwn bowls or playoffs? let's do that again.

5) i echo bringing back in season progression and off season drills for progrss points.

6) make rtg deeper, go thru the recruiting process and narrow down your schools. and even though i hate this in real life have the stupid hat ceremony. i don't know if you can bring in rpg nuances like having choices to make and having it affect you in a positive/negative way.
Chicago White Sox

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »