Home

Man coverage since patch

This is a discussion on Man coverage since patch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #17
Rookie

browntowntiger's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Man coverage since patch

i think the adjustments are more suitable for online play. i noticed after the patch that i was allowing more passing yards than before. then i took a closer look. apparently lb's do a poor job covering rb's swinging out of the backfield. they get into pursuit and then just drop back into what appears to be zone half way to the rb thus leaving the rb wide open. had a guy tear me a new one exploiting that one. no one still cannot run on me at all. i guess its most peoples tendencies to cut it outside than run up the middle.

also if you ever find yourself defending a hail mary and its one on one please control your defender and swat the ball away. apparently all the ai knows how to do is run with the reciever. all the reciever has to do is jump to catch the pass.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #18
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Has anyone found any slider tweaks for AA that remedy this problem? I've noticed that on Heisman it is not too bad, but you have to deal with all the other garbage that Heisman adds to the game (psychic linebackers on runs, stupid O-line blocking, etc).

I've bumped the cpu pass coverage sliders up to 100 on AA and am still able to pass at will. I need something to fix this before the next tuner set or I'm going to be shelving this game- I love it, and it makes me sad that this issue has happened.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #19
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i think some of the problem for the zone coverages not working is the way the field is constructed . i think when they gave the field the narrowed look. it shorted the zones it pushed the zones in and they didn't reexpand them. so when they layered the the zones on the new field it didnt regulate right so originally covering 15 yards with the old field it reduced to 10 with the new . so on there map it looked right but but logically it only covered 10 . you guys get what i'm saying.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #20
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
i think some of the problem for the zone coverages not working is the way the field is constructed . i think when they gave the field the narrowed look. it shorted the zones it pushed the zones in and they didn't reexpand them. so when they layered the the zones on the new field it didnt regulate right so originally covering 15 yards with the old field it reduced to 10 with the new . so on there map it looked right but but logically it only covered 10 . you guys get what i'm saying.
But it worked fine pre patch. I get what you are saying, but the root issue here is that something in the patch/tuner set broke both man and zone coverages by dumbing down the awareness of cpu defenders.

Has anyone tried messing with the speed threshold setting to see if this fixes the problem in the interim? I'm thinking that lowering it won't allow for as much separation on the slant with a wideout making the game feel more like pre patch?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »