Home

Man coverage since patch

This is a discussion on Man coverage since patch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

OVR: 4
Man coverage since patch

WOW! Man coverage went from ridiculously tight to childishly easy. I just played a friend whom I usually throttle, and he went 22-29 for 300+ yds and 4 TDS. I still won, but cmon EA, couldn't you patch in moderation?? My linebackers can't cover at all and if you can't instantly pressure the QB, everyone else gets open quick. Zone coverage? Completely ineffective against most offenses. If man coverage pre-patch was a 10 on the difficulty scale, EA tuned it down to a 3. I was really hoping for maybe a 7. Honestly, if I had a choice, I would go back to the pre-patch man. At least then, skill would win out. Now any noob can throw for 300 yds. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Man coverage since patch

Agree. My crosses and slants are now unstoppable. As Texas Tech I have yet to throw for less than 370 yards against the CPU since the patch.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

My corners used to mirror the WRs, now they wait for them to break and head up field before even moving. C'mom EA. Moderation.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

ya i play on heisman with the canes an i cranked up the cpu coverage to 75 on 10 min qtrs and seems like i always have like 400 yards. Miami could maybe be one of the top five teams in the game i believe no matter there rank so not really sure but a slider on 75 should make the game piss u off u would think.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

well the max I'd play the game for is 10 minute quarters and I play 7 minute quarters but man coverage seems just right now to me

you guys probably are just too good/playing the game with extremely long quarters

if you're having that easy a time put QB Accuracy to 0, Pass Coverage to 100

I haven't seen man coverage get that easy but it seems there not as ruthless as before/of course people never seem to be satisfied

me personally I don't see on Heisman the CPU waiting for WRs to break when Pass Coverage default 50 or higher like you guys say

it's just not AS TOUGH as before as far as aggressiveness but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's broken in the other direction now

again I'll have to test it but I don't see it the same way you guys do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
Rookie

so the corners dont mirror the wrs no more? they dont jump timing routeS? i traded this game in because of this issue, is it better now?
Old 08-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

No, its not better. I just played #1 Bama in my second season and was 15-16 297 yds 3 td at the half(7 min qts). They were 11-11 for 181 2tds. Defense is dead. Not only is pass coverage crap, it seems like run defense is dumbed down. Gee, thanks EA. You just ruined the game for me. Ejected it at the half and put it away. If they tune or patch, I will try again, but my faith in them is dead. Do they not play the game and see what their changes do??
Old 08-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
Banned

no they still mirror and you shouldn't have traded the game in because you could always fix with sliders but as far as online issue still remains on default 50 but drags, crossers, and mostly any deep route thrown right with good timing beats man

but yea it was your choice as a bigger issue now looms NCAA 11 with pump faking backwards equaling a quick 6 as everyone in coverage automatically swarms to the QB like going after a fumble or something and they actually have encroachment/offsides happen more often but maybe too often as people have said even with D Line Gameplan setting on conservative they have jumped offsides 9 times consecutively facing a user trying to draw them offsides

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »