Home

Time for a conspiracy theory topic

This is a discussion on Time for a conspiracy theory topic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #1
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Time for a conspiracy theory topic

I almost hate to make it for how good this game was before the second patch, but others are screaming about how bad it is now. I have played this series since 1993 so I know a little bit about it and gameplay.

Why did this patch break the gameplay for so many? All it had to do was fix the glitches (which it did) but it also messed up the gameplay.

Was this patch made, after the great sales of NCAA, to push users back to Madden(which IMO is the best ever)? It really does make sense if you played the game before the second patch and after. Is this all a marketing thing?

I really hope not. Then again, if it's not true that means EA didn't test this second patch for realistic results which is not good also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: Time for a conspiracy theory topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I almost hate to make it for how good this game was before the second patch, but others are screaming about how bad it is now. I have played this series since 1993 so I know a little bit about it and gameplay.

Why did this patch break the gameplay for so many? All it had to do was fix the glitches (which it did) but it also messed up the gameplay.

Was this patch made, after the great sales of NCAA, to push users back to Madden(which IMO is the best ever)? It really does make sense if you played the game before the second patch and after. Is this all a marketing thing?

I really hope not. Then again, if it's not true that means EA didn't test this second patch for realistic results which is not good also.
I like these type of questions. If i was going to go with your thinking. I would think the patch in theory would have come out just before Madden instead of just after it. Then you would have some people willing to jump to Madden in the hopes its better. Since the Madden boards do not seem that fond of that game currently and the patch came after Madden was out, i think its a conspiracy not.

What i do think is ironic is at least the last two years the patch has come out right after Madden was released. I think it was done to not show the improved "in theory" NCAA before people would pick up their preorders for Madden.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4

Most people will buy both games so I don't think they messed it up so people would go buy Madden. It's EA, they tend to mess things up when they try and fix a problem. Like this year with the recruits. They were 1) trying to make them move over to Madden better then last year; 2) trying to lower overalls so there were less players coming in rated so high. In doing so they messed dynasty mode up. Did they test? Who knows what they do. I think they tried to fix a issue and like they tend to do they went from the extream left to the extream right. All they need to do was move to the middle but thats not what they do. Why would anyone that was mad at how EA messed up their game go out and buy another EA game.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #4
Rookie

HokiesCavs's Arena

OVR: 2

In programming a lot of times when you fix bugs you accidentally change the way the rest of the program works because all of the code is interrelated. However, the changes can often be subtle. My guess is that, no, there is no conspiracy going on with regards to selling more copies of Madden. What really probably happened was the guys at Tiburon fixed some problems and accidentally caused new ones, but all they focused on testing was if the bugs were gone. They tested it, the bugs were gone, and it was green lighted.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

to me the only thing the 2nd patch fixed was Season Showdown and some dirty jerseys. The PA glitch still happens in my games, and I still don't know if the pump fake glitch was in there before or after, but it has exploded since it came out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 03:16 AM   #6
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

well gameplay isnt broken... so i dont know why people are complaining
Old 08-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

OVR: 3

Hmm. Maybe. I mean, they should of patched the pump fake glitched maybe a day or two after patch #2. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I'm a little suspicious.
NCAAB:West Virginia
MLB: Texas Rangers
Old 08-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #8
Rookie

ZouDave's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lccowboys
Hmm. Maybe. I mean, they should of patched the pump fake glitched maybe a day or two after patch #2. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I'm a little suspicious.
Unless they can fix the pump-fake glitch with a tuner file, then there's no way to get patch #3 out as quickly as you say. EA could have had the fix an hour later, but if it's going in as a new patch it has to go through the certification process with Microsoft and Sony before it can be released. That takes time and it's time EA has no control over.

That's the beauty of the tuner files. They can release them as often as they want, as quickly as they want, because they're not a "title update". But it can only address certain things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »