Home

why would u need a patch for this?

This is a discussion on why would u need a patch for this? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
why would u need a patch for this?

ok really ea how can you have a football game where the players dont get dirty dont you think that should been in the game the first time around? I mean have they even played real football before? the only jerseys that stay clean the whole game are the guys that ride the pine.thats where they must have been i take it. Thats just droppin the ball in my mind even though they patched it KICK ROCKS EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: why would u need a patch for this?

It was there. The effect was not pronounced enough. They apologized and said something didn't get tested. Mistakes happen, and they take the time to fix and patch the game. As much as I'd like the game to be right from the get go, I do appreciate the fact that they try to make the game better after it's released.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddrow23
ok really ea how can you have a football game where the players dont get dirty dont you think that should been in the game the first time around? I mean have they even played real football before? the only jerseys that stay clean the whole game are the guys that ride the pine.thats where they must have been i take it. Thats just droppin the ball in my mind even though they patched it KICK ROCKS EA

Relax, man.

As was stated, EA devs admitted something got "broken" upon final build. It was taken care of in patch #2. They didn't "drop the ball"........it was a simple mistake which they acknowledged.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

o im good i really do like the game i think it could be the best one yet. But how many years have they been at this now way to many to be making little mistakes like this, i mean maybe somebody up there needs to get canned or maybe don't rush the game out so early and take another three weeks to get everything right.its not there first rodeo, but none the less great game i also didnt know they came out with those comments but still doesnt make me feel any different.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

It's not that serious, nothing was ever left out. The devs stated it was in game to begin with but a lot more subtle than they originally intended.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

They've had that in there forever and just forgot to put it in there. Jerseys getting dirty is a small detail considering the effort they put into this game. They've listened to the public for the first time in a long time. They spent a lot of hours trying to fix dynasty and the play action. They tried to make a Great game and missed something. For once they didn't rely on their license to sell the game they made a truly enjoyable one. If they keep working like this in a couple of years a lack of dirty jerseys will be a trivial thing compared to the potential of this game and the dev team.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

this has been addressed. on a fairly regular basis, I might add.

closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »