Home

A Coach Prestige Question

This is a discussion on A Coach Prestige Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
A Coach Prestige Question

I just finished my 8th season as the head coach at the University of Wyoming. During my time there, I've won back-to-back National Championships (along with many conference championships), and the school is now a top-notch 6-star institution.

I have one year left on my contract, but as an East Coast guy, I'm itching to be "closer to my family". In the course of my franchise, Syracuse has plummeted to 1-star status, as WV and Pitt dominate the Big East each and every season.

Thus, I'm tempted to quit my current position and accept a job at Syracuse - the perfect new, East Coast challenge. However, I couldn't help but wonder ... what happens to your Coach Prestige Rating when you change jobs, especially one year before your contract is up?

To find out, I saved my game, quit/accepted the 'Cuse job/and went to the next season. In doing so, my Coach Prestige went from an A+ to a C+ and my Coach Experience went from a B+ to a B. I can't help but think that they just assigned me the ratings of the previous Syracuse coach! Otherwise, why would my coaching experience be affected?

If this is the case, what's the deal with that? It seems like something that could be/should be fixed the next time NCAA completes an update ...

Has anyone else had experience dealing with this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: A Coach Prestige Question

If that is the case, that seriously needs to be fixed.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Your prestige always is more or less in line with the prestige of the school. They won't fix it because they don't think it's a problem. That's just their philosophy on how it should work, dumb as most people probably think it is, always been that way
Old 08-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

It has to do with the school I believe. Because, when Florida offered me the job, I took it and left Washington State. I was a C+ coach prestige and C coach experience there. But when I got to Florida I was A+ coach prestige and A coach experience.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Man, that makes no freak'n sense. Why have a coach experience stat at all then? It becomes meaningless if your experience is altered depending upon what job you have. In addition, if a coaching legend decided to leave a top-notch program for, say, his alma mater (Ole Miss?), wouldn't he be able to lure recruits to his new program the first couple of seasons based purely on his star power?

I believe in '08 and '09, you kept your Coach Prestige if you obliged your contract. If you left early, you lost a letter grade. (Even this was unrealistic, as college coaches jump ship and grab other jobs everyday without taking heat.) But at least this setup was tolerable!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
Rookie

Not to change subjects too much, but man, I wish EA would change the job offer feature, too. Every time I do well with a lower tier school, the same top-notch programs offer me a contract. The problem? Why would Ohio State or Alabama offer me a deal after their school just went undefeated? Am I supposed to believe their coach quit, got fired, or moved on? If big-named programs are going to reach out to an up-and-comer, I wish they'd at least be coming off a disappointing season or two.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #7
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

All three schools that offered me jobs had disappointing seasons. Actually all three schools went 8-5. Florida just seemed a lot better fit than LSU or Ohio State for me. I don't about LSU, but both Florida and Ohio State struggled in year 2 and 3.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
All three schools that offered me jobs had disappointing seasons. Actually all three schools went 8-5. Florida just seemed a lot better fit than LSU or Ohio State for me. I don't about LSU, but both Florida and Ohio State struggled in year 2 and 3.

I was offered jobs at Florida and Auburn. Florida had a mediocre year (8-5 I think) and Auburn, which I accepted, went 4-8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »