Home

How do you stop this type of cheese play?

This is a discussion on How do you stop this type of cheese play? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How do you stop this type of cheese play?

I hate cheesers
Old 08-15-2010, 11:59 PM   #10
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

OVR: 3

Call nickel cb blitz with the MLB on a spy and set qb contain to aggressive. Spread d line out. Believe me my friend does same thing, i shut him down with that.
NCAAB:West Virginia
MLB: Texas Rangers
Old 08-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Corner blitzing him and spying with a fast SS helped a lot. Blitzing with a zone behind it was helpful as well, because if he goes 5 wide and you are in man and blitzing a corner, you could leave a guy wide open.

Also hit sticking a running QB is a great way to break him.. forcing him out of the game so you don't have to deal with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

You might try this: set d-line to aggressive, pass commit (left trigger + up), adjust coverage to press, and manually blitz with one of the safeties (the fastest one). He shouldn't have too long to run around then and your coverage will hopefully be decent enough for the couple of seconds that he has. I don't play online much but when I am having trouble with a spread offense/no huddle team controlled by the CPU, this is what I do, and they are forced to make rash decisions a lot. Of course the computer is pretty good at picking the open-est target under duress, but a human opponent might not be.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:05 PM   #13
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

The problem is that it's so subjective determining what a "cheeser" play is. If you ran a play like that one time, I'd have a hard time arguing that it was a cheeser play to utilize your QB's speed and roll out to find receivers. There was a guy in our league, however, who would take Pryor from Ohio State and sprint back about 10 yards and then throw a slant route. So he's not doing the pump fake glitch or anything like that, but he can basically never be sacked, and the receivers always tend to get to those underthrown balls when you buy more time like that.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
The problem is that it's so subjective determining what a "cheeser" play is. If you ran a play like that one time, I'd have a hard time arguing that it was a cheeser play to utilize your QB's speed and roll out to find receivers.
To me a play is only really cheese if it's almost impossible through normal gameplay to stop it. Like if you can only counter it by nano-blitzing, or can't counter it at all and just have to hope that he throws a bad pass occasionally, that's obviously cheese. If he's just playing non-sim by doing the same thing over and over, that's not necessarily cheese - just a bad player exploiting one thing that he knows works fairly well. There should be counters to spread + rollout plays, most involving bringing some heat or using QB contain so he doesn't have 5+ seconds to find a receiver every time.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lccowboys
Call nickel cb blitz with the MLB on a spy and set qb contain to aggressive. Spread d line out. Believe me my friend does same thing, i shut him down with that.

What if the guy figures him out and stays in the pockets. Who is going to cover the WR's when the corner blitz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 01:27 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
What if the guy figures him out and stays in the pockets. Who is going to cover the WR's when the corner blitz.
Zone it up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »