Home

Recruiting rules for better realism

This is a discussion on Recruiting rules for better realism within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2003, 08:31 PM   #73
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Recruiting rules for better realism

I've got a question for you when you are talking about rolling the dice would we do that or do we automatically get caught? Cause I think these rules are really good as well. Man who knew NCAA 2004 could bring so many ideas to the table...
Old 08-11-2003, 12:05 AM   #74
Rookie

renegade28's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, you would roll the dice (or more correctly, die).

If this was your first offense (16.7% Chance of getting caught), then only a roll of "1" would result in getting caught. Rolls of 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 would mean you got away with the violation.

If this was your second offense (50% Chance of getting caught), then rolls of 1, 2, or 3 would result in penalties. And so on...
Old 08-11-2003, 12:46 AM   #75
Rookie

You Know what would help this. If Ea put in the option for blue chips who don't get playing time to transfer to another school. Also, players who don't get no Pt and who are not redshirting should do down in ratings.

On the other hand. I think that EA make the recruiting like this because they want people who has love for a team like UB to have a chance to become good if they put in the work. Let's admit it if you get UB up to a 6 star caliber, you had to of put in some work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2003, 12:53 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:
You Know what would help this. If Ea put in the option for blue chips who don't get playing time to transfer to another school. Also, players who don't get no Pt and who are not redshirting should do down in ratings.

On the other hand. I think that EA make the recruiting like this because they want people who has love for a team like UB to have a chance to become good if they put in the work. Let's admit it if you get UB up to a 6 star caliber, you had to of put in some work.

I dunno about dropping in rating. Maybe they'll only improve minimally but not get worse.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:55 AM   #77
Rookie

how about no rating change at all. I mean this would make people have to put in backups when the score is lop sided.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:59 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:
how about no rating change at all. I mean this would make people have to put in backups when the score is lop sided.

Yea I'd take that. But I'd still prefer minimal improvement or how they have it now, especially in college football because if you have 3 qbs. 2 are seniors so they graduate leaving you with 2 incoming qbs as recruits and your now senior/junior/sophmore qb as your starter. If he didn't get any playing time he is going to be horrible which is unlikely because even with zero to very limited playing time they're going to improve.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:23 AM   #79
Rookie

Quote:

GeePee20 said:
Quote:

Nutzzz414 said:

Yea I'd take that. But I'd still prefer minimal improvement or how they have it now, especially in college football because if you have 3 qbs. 2 are seniors so they graduate leaving you with 2 incoming qbs as recruits and your now senior/junior/sophmore qb as your starter. If he didn't get any playing time he is going to be horrible which is unlikely because even with zero to very limited playing time they're going to improve.

True. But Like I said, now you would want to put your freshmen and sophs in when you are in a blowout so they can get that PT. This option, plus the ability for transfers, would add a much needed boost of realism to the Dynasty mode. I would also say that when you recruit these people. they would have to sit out a year like in real life. Right in the corner where they put JUCO, just put (Trans/Soph). that would let you know that they are a transfer and you would know that they would be sitting out that year. Also if you have a season ending injury early, you should be able to ask for a medical redshirt (it should cost you recruiting points)
Old 08-11-2003, 10:00 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Yeah, you would roll the dice (or more correctly, die).

If this was your first offense (16.7% Chance of getting caught), then only a roll of "1" would result in getting caught. Rolls of 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 would mean you got away with the violation.

If this was your second offense (50% Chance of getting caught), then rolls of 1, 2, or 3 would result in penalties. And so on...

So are you saying everyone should violate the recruiting rules, and then everyone would roll the die to see if they were caught? Or are you saying to roll the die every offseason even if you didn't commit a rules violation?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »