Home

Recruiting rules for better realism

This is a discussion on Recruiting rules for better realism within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2004, 01:30 PM   #121
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Recruiting rules for better realism

It's tough to look at the Rivals ratings and say that you're getting accurate recruiting results now because they don't rank their players the same way as NCAA '04.

In NCAA's recruiting pool, I believe anyone in the top 100 is rated as a 5-star blue chip recruit. I haven't played in awhile so maybe I am incorrect here, but it's pretty close to that. According to the Rivals 2004 football recruiting class, there were a total of 25 players rated 5 stars, with the remaining 75 being 4-star players. There just need to be fewer 5-star players in the game. There need to be fewer overall blue chippers and more average players that have potential. I wouldn't predict a huge change in next year's game with the way the recruits are ranked since it's good enough as it is. I'm just saying it's tough to compare rankings on this game to rankings in real life because this game is a little too generous at handing out stars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2004, 04:26 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 1

I know it is tough to judge. I noticed that all the 1* rated prospects on rivals weren't good enough to make a D1A team but mainly made up most of the D1AA teams recruits. When I set my limit for 5* recruits I take into account the top 100 for realism. So usually with a 6* prestige team I can get 5 or 6 recruits. This seems to fit because most top teams recruit that many top 100 players. But then there are the exceptions with USC this year(freakish class).
Old 02-26-2004, 12:57 AM   #123
rns
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah that's true, maybe some of those bluechippers in the game shouldn't be rated so. But I think for the most part, prospects are rated accordingly to their skill level. Usually when you sign a bluechip, you get a bluechip quality player. It's just there's too many guys in each recruiting class with such huge talent, both fives and four-star recruits. I think they need less of those and more threes ... and actually, I think the twos are too undertalented in this game now that I come to think about it. For example, in reality the two-star RB's are not so slow.

Btw, from what I see, for the 1-star guys in the game the good majority of them do look like I-AA talent too. When I get walk-ons they're often better than 1-stars I could have picked up if I wanted them. It's pretty hard to find too much quality among the twos and ones (except for kickers). Yet, in reality mid-majors live off the two-star prospects, and they still manage to have NFL prospects and at least some reasonable team speed and strength.. (even some really bad teams with really bad recruiting send out guys who make pro rosters)
Old 04-02-2004, 11:42 AM   #124
Rookie

OVR: 1

For those still playing the game (I've had MAJOR football withdrawal set in the past 2 weeks), Bill Abner mentioned that he puts all the teams in his conference to human mode and does the recruiting for them (using recruiting rules). Has anyone else tried this? If so, how did it work? Also, when can you set the teams to manual in your dynasty? In theory, it sounds pretty interesting, and my year is coming to a close.

Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »