Home

Craziest game ever

This is a discussion on Craziest game ever within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Craziest game ever

This weekend I played a wild bowl game with tons of swings - it was basically three huge momentum shifts.

Backstory: This is my second dynasty season. First season I was ranked #8 and played in the Fiesta Bowl against Bama. They basically rolled over on me until I had a furious comeback in the 4th quarter and tied it as the clock expired. In OT I started with the ball but they intercepted an option pitch just outside the goal line and ran it back to win.

Story: In season 2 I ended up ranked a little higher, still with one loss. I got a Fiesta Bowl bid again, this time meeting up against the Seminoles. Here's the game breakdown in sections of insanity:

I. I get my butt handed to me. They started with the ball and scored a quick TD on a broken coverage that was my fault. Then on my opening drive I fumbled, and they scoop and score to make it 14-0. I launched a long, "let's calm down and get some points" drive but it stalled in the red zone and I only got a FG. They answered with an unstoppable passing-only drive to make it 21-3. At this point I figure the game is over with. The only bright spot: this was just the first quarter, I still have three more to improve (or to make it a final score of 84-12).

II. I take what is left of my butt and beat them down with it. For some reason quarters 2 and 3 became MY game. At 21-3 I felt like this is a must-have TD situation, so I went for it on two fourth and shorts and made it 21-10. They went quick three and out, and I scored again to make it 21-17. Suddenly you could feel the momentum shift and my defensive players went nuts, forcing three turnovers to kill three consecutive drives of theirs, and running one pick back for a score. At the same time my offense became unstoppable. When it was all done I was leading 38-21.

III. Robo QB rears his ugly head. Not really, since I don't believe in robo, but once the 4th started it was like a fire was lit under him. To make matters worse, I fumbled an option play (they recovered) and threw one of those annoying INTs where you think you're throwing to one place, and the QB slings it five yards left of that instead and it goes right to a linebacker. They dominated the quarter and tied it at 38, and my last-second drive attempt to win went nowhere.

IV. I remember last year's OT, and it's not happening again. They started with the ball and got one first down via pass, and then got stonewalled. Kicked a FG. I took over and ran it up the gut every single play - the safest, smashmouthiest thing I could think to do. Their defense really felt exhausted (kudos may be due to EA) - they had defended the run fairly well all game but on this last drive my guy was breaking tackles and just plowing people over. Got the TD and the win. And the highest Classic score I've ever personally seen - I think it was over 3500.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Craziest game ever

Sounds like the Notre Dame and Connecticut game last year.
NCAAB:West Virginia
MLB: Texas Rangers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »