Home

This or Madden 11?

This is a discussion on This or Madden 11? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: This or Madden 11?

I'm not even a college fan, couldn't name you one guy currently playing and I like NCAA more. The gameplay is simply better, still needs more work, but feels more fluid and slightly more realistic.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #10
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Year in and year out, every single year, Madden tops NCAA. EA always saves its best stuff for Madden, and ever year it shows.

But not this year. This year, for the first time ever, NCAA tops Madden. You can't really put your finger on it, entirely, but it does.

I say NCAA. But, yeah, you should definitely rent either one. (Or download the demos, if that's an option.)
Old 08-16-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Its my opinion both games have their ups, its just Madden have more downs than NCAA does. Gameplay feels smoother in NCAA, but Madden has the great presentation this year.
Interesting, I thought the presentation was actually kind of lacking this year on Madden. The commentating on NCAA is a lot better, and Madden doesn't really make use of any special presentation material (ESPN stuff etc).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #12
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

which game so u guys think is more immersive for the offline franchise player?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #13
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Offline depends on whether you like turnover every couple of years by recruits or draft/FA. Both games are different in the modes, like apples/grapes to me....one the field each holds their own. Madden is tight like the pro game and feels less wide open. Ncaa feels like a college game as far as openings and has a more wide open feel, loose. I like the differences in both.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:13 AM   #14
Rookie

Master&Commander's Arena

I've been a huge Madden fan for years since I'm a bigger NFL fan than NCAA, and this year I think NCAA is a much better game.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:03 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

I prefer NCAA and I dont even watch a lot of college football. I was very dissappointed in the Madden gameplay. My cousin brought it over and after two games of Madden we put NCAA 11 in. Madden 10 was excellent, but I wasnt feeling the new one. NCAA IMO is a far better game this year. Im also impressed with the Online and Offline Dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 10:03 AM   #16
Rookie

I would say wait to see what they patch in Madden and then decide. But if I had to decide right now, with me having both games, I would choose NCAA hands down. Its just a better football experience than Madden right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »