Home

Sigh...

This is a discussion on Sigh... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
Rookie

Artof_War's Arena

OVR: 2
Sigh...

Every morning (obviously upon arriving at work ) I go through a laundry list of websites to start my day: games, sports, news, random flash games that mildly entertain me, and I find something amusing on the Google top searches.

Anyway, it seems like every time I come here I read something negative about progression, DB's, menu styles, pump fake glitches, an incorrect pixel, and general disdain for NCAA 11. Me? I LOVE IT. And I've loved it every year because I choose not to live my life obsessed with insignificant detail. After all, it is virtual reaility, right? If you want the REAL thing, call your friends, join a team, and go outside to play football.

Of course I've received lots of advice on this forum about recruiting, playcalling, ROSTERS, etc. So I charge all members to maybe dedicate a day to just saying something nice or not saying it at all. Or at least use this thread to do so. And if you just can't imagine saying anything nice, reminisce about the PS2 days when you were stuck with what you bought and sell NCAA 11 to someone else who will enjoy it and appreciate even being able to own a video game.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artof_War
incorrect pixel
That is funny. It is sad but true tho. A lot and I mean a lot of negative threads and comments on this board. But I take it with a grain of salt. If all you did was read the OS forums you would never buy a game. I love this game. Most fun I have had with NCAA (or any football game) in over 10 years. Brings back good memories of the old days when I was young enough (with no family) to knock out 6 games a day. Great thread by the way.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Every morning (obviously upon arriving at work ) I go through a laundry list of websites to start my day: games, sports, news, random flash games that mildly entertain me, and I find something amusing on the Google top searches.

Anyway, it seems like every time I come here I read something negative about progression, DB's, menu styles, pump fake glitches, an incorrect pixel, and general disdain for NCAA 11. Me? I LOVE IT. And I've loved it every year because I choose not to live my life obsessed with insignificant detail. After all, it is virtual reaility, right? If you want the REAL thing, call your friends, join a team, and go outside to play football.

Of course I've received lots of advice on this forum about recruiting, playcalling, ROSTERS, etc. So I charge all members to maybe dedicate a day to just saying something nice or not saying it at all. Or at least use this thread to do so. And if you just can't imagine saying anything nice, reminisce about the PS2 days when you were stuck with what you bought and sell NCAA 11 to someone else who will enjoy it and appreciate even being able to own a video game.

Cheers.

I love this! I feel the same way! I see so many people complain about this game, and I think it quite possibly is the best game I've ever played. Most football games, I get burnt out. But I bet I've played well over 100 games, and am still having fun every game.

This is also the first football game I've been able to up the difficulty, and still have fun. I used to always play on freshman, and whenever I'd venture up to Varsity, I wouldn't have fun, and have to tinker with the AI. I think I eventually did get to play on Varsity on '09, and have a little fun.

This game, I'm on All-American, and having a blast.

Thank you for posting this. It needed to be done!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

Quote:

Cheers.
You don't have to be obsessed with minutiae to notice the flaws in this game. The pump fake glitch, easy passes over the middle and dynasty depth chart snafu are very real, very apparent problems that can interfere with someone's enjoyment of the game. I myself sometimes roll my eyes when I see someone really up in arms about the wrong color helmet or the wrong color gloves on a certain player; but when certain fundamental parts of the game are broken or not working right, I have no problem with people spending their time on here pointing out and discussing them.

And also, I think there are plenty of threads and posts, and have been since Day 1, from people saying that they enjoy this game. I've been one of them (though not as much lately). Maybe you yourself are guitly of focusing on the negative threads and posts more than the positive ones.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
You don't have to be obsessed with minutiae to notice the flaws in this game. The pump fake glitch, easy passes over the middle and dynasty depth chart snafu are very real, very apparent problems that can interfere with someone's enjoyment of the game. I myself sometimes roll my eyes when I see someone really up in arms about the wrong color helmet or the wrong color gloves on a certain player; but when certain fundamental parts of the game are broken or not working right, I have no problem with people spending their time on here pointing out and discussing them.

And also, I think there are plenty of threads and posts, and have been since Day 1, from people saying that they enjoy this game. I've been one of them (though not as much lately). Maybe you yourself are guitly of focusing on the negative threads and posts more than the positive ones.
Agreed.

I enjoy the game but I'd be lying if I said that aren't things that irk me about this game. I only complain about them in hopes that the game improves.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i do the samething everymorning. I will say this though overall the response toward NCAA 11 has been way better than any other year. the game has been out for a month now and the game is still good what left to be fixed at this point either can't be through patch or tuner or just not that significant. I like the game things like the pump glitch you have to want to do that not concerned everything else seemed to be ok . i ran playaction passes for practice in my dynasty and i didn't get the glitch. so i don't know about that one , but overall game is very fun. they are not done with the tuner sets so we have a long way to go til next year.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:20 AM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

Sure the complaining can get a little old, especially when people go too far with it. However, EA needs to hear these things in order to make a better product. It's just like a coach that is always riding you. If he didn't care, he wouldn't say anything. He may yell at you for missing an assignment and might even tell you that can't play an ounce, but if he really thought that, he wouldn't even bother. He's only doing it because he wants you to reach your full potential. We are all football fans and we want the best possible representation of the sport as we can possibly get. This means that people, for the most part, aren't going to post about things that EA got right ... they're going to post the flaws in hopes of bringing them to EA's attention. To use another analogy, your boss isn't going to come around and tell you "good job" and pat you on the back every time you do something right; however, he'll definitely say something if you make a mistake. For the most part, if you do something and don't hear anything back, it means you did it right.

Some people take the complaining too far, but I can understand their frustration. Especially when it comes to major problems like DL getting thrown to the ground at a ridiculous rate, suction blocking/tackling, physic DBs, robo QB, unrealistic pass speed/ball trajectory, etc. But again, if they didn't care, they wouldn't even try. I would like it if people tried to stay more in the realm of constructive criticism instead of resorting to whining about the game and claiming "EA is lazy."

Last edited by Pokes404; 08-17-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Artof_War's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Sure the complaining can get a little old, especially when people go too far with it. However, EA needs to hear these things in order to make a better product. It's just like a coach that is always riding you. If he didn't care, he wouldn't say anything. He may yell at you for missing an assignment and might even tell you that can't play an ounce, but if he really thought that, he wouldn't even bother. He's only doing it because he wants you to reach your full potential. We are all football fans and we want the best possible representation of the sport as we can possibly get. This means that people, for the most part, aren't going to post about things that EA got right ... they're going to post the flaws in hopes of bringing them to EA's attention. To use another analogy, your boss isn't going to come around and tell you "good job" and pat you on the back every time you do something right; however, he'll definitely say something if you make a mistake. For the most part, if you do something and don't hear anything back, it means you did it right.

Some people take the complaining too far, but I can understand their frustration. Especially when it comes to major problems like DL getting thrown to the ground at a ridiculous rate, suction blocking/tackling, physic DBs, robo QB, unrealistic pass speed/ball trajectory, etc. But again, if they didn't care, they wouldn't even try. I would like it if people tried to stay more in the realm of constructive criticism instead of resorting to whining about the game and claiming "EA is lazy."
Good post. Cheers.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »