Home

DE Observation/Question

This is a discussion on DE Observation/Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
DE Observation/Question

So,
Im kinda just trying to get a feel for everyone opinions of the effectiveness of DE's in this game. My observations are pretty much based off #94 Adrian Clayborn for Iowa. (he plays LE on the default roster, in the rosters off here he plays the other end)

This guy is an absolute beast in real life, but I get like 0 production out of him in the game. Im like 8 games into my online dynasty (7-1 lost to wisc user) and they actually took away his impact status and gave it to Jewel Hampton (#27 rb, backup rb but I start him).

Do dominant DE's in general not really do a whole lot, or is it a problem with Adrian's ratings?

Im attaching the stats. I mean 1 sack is pretty underwhelming. But on the other hand my LE Binns, is sorta tearing it up. Hmmmm.... Is going against the Left Tackles really hurting Clayborns numbers that much? Should I switch him back to the other side? What are you guys noticing from your D end play? (i play a 4-3, by the way)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg defensestats.JPG (64.2 KB, 100 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: DE Observation/Question

In the first season of my OD i played as Daquan Bowers. I was playing LE so i was against the RT. I got 12 sacks with him, and I ended up winning the Lombardi. I had a pretty good system going the first year. They snap it, I move the hit stick down to finesse move by the tackle, then if they had a running back blocking I would finesse by him and then hit stick the QB. Due to our D lines dominance we had to up the sliders for pass protection.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
Banned

ok cool, just a note, i usually play as the LB
Old 08-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
Banned

anyone?

id like to add that were using SNs sliders on AA, and these stats would have included 2 user vs user games
Old 08-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

yeah you gotta user control your d line to get sacks...good hunting!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

On a user team, you need to control the DL or they're largely useless without a big slider change.

The CPU LE is a beast though, he just runs right around the end of my line without being touched frequently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »