Home

Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game

This is a discussion on Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game

grow up and take your lumps.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:39 PM   #10
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

You've just got to roll with it. There are frustrating games IRL too. Besides, the more you lose the sweeter the victories are.

(Also I'm loling at the people in this thread who cheese the CPU so bad they have to simulate.)
Old 08-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

When I have a bad play, particularly when the CPU makes one of its miraculous (or ridiculous depending on how you see it) plays on offense or defense, I do what any other red blooded male/coach does...I curse loudly, berate the players, take a sip of my drink and keep on trucking. I dont get angry because nothing the CPU does surprises me anymore but it is quite therapeutic.

In the long run it doesnt matter as long as I win and I've stopped having problems losing the CPU some time ago, even when they do try to pull every trick out of their hat.

Last edited by dreezymac; 08-17-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #12
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdaj
Great points, everyone.

And Pocket, I could see myself doing what you do eventually. When I played with Wyoming, I got so good with the playbook ... I was really, really difficult to beat. I left for 1-star Syracuse after I beat ND in the NC 58-7 in order to make the game more challenging. I now play with a new playbook ... and it's taken a little life out of my offense. I have very few "go to" plays and struggle with my general offensive game flow. It's made the game more fun, though.

Anyway, I think you may be missing some of the fun of playing the game by skipping out on defense/special teams. For me, one of the harder parts of the game is stopping an explosive offense with a pair of 68 CB and a "star" LB rated a 72. Meanwhile, I could score on any defense with the weakest offensive team. That part of the game just comes easier to me.

I used to play the game on Heisman, but after a while, it became cake. I now play on All-American (and significantly altered sliders that were recommended by a user here), and the game is a lot more difficult now without the unnatural effect you mentioned. Have you tried doing this?
Yeah ive done that back in 09, but changed back to supersimming. I hurts my human-vs-human play, but 99% of the time I play offline against the cpu so its not that big of an issue. When I do get a chance to play friends its a fire fight because they have major issues slowing me down and at the same time my lack of playing defense keeps me from slowing them.

Now the supersimming is a must with an 18 month of daughter to keep me busy. Being able to get a full game and recruiting week done in under 30 minutes is required and I am able to pull it off this way.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #13
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubOrange
You've just got to roll with it. There are frustrating games IRL too. Besides, the more you lose the sweeter the victories are.

(Also I'm loling at the people in this thread who cheese the CPU so bad they have to simulate.)
LOL no not cheese. I know if I run up the gut first and second down and its now 3rd and 3 I can go spread and audible to a run up the middle from the same set and it will work. Then the next set do the same thing, but the thrid time I can drag my TE across the middle and hit him for the 4 yard first down. Then just do the same thing again and again. I have 24 plays that I run and I run them to almost perfection. Then just make sure to run them during the proper down and distance and the cpu just can not stop you.

I use and have used the Nevada pistol since 08 or 09. I come out in a pass play every down, 100% of the time, never a run play. My first defensive read is how many players are in the box. If it is equal to my number of players on the line (OL and TE) I quick audible to a run up the middle. Every time no exceptions. I will take one on one and play to make one guy miss if he gets lose. If they are overloaded in the box I run my original play call then quick pick out if its man or zone. Of my 24 plays all of the pass plays have routes to defeat man and zone in them. As soon as i see what they are running I attack the weakness.

EDIT: This style of run first read came from watching a Ga. Southern - Youngstown State game back in the mid 90's. Adrian Peterson was playing FB / First read back and he just destroyed Youngstown that day. I was blown away by the read package and that stuck with me ever since. Even though GASouthern was a triple option team the idea of look at the middle and determine if they play should go there worked for them and after playing enough games in NCAA I have been able to nail down this style extremely well and using the Pistol makes it deadly.

No rocket catching, no turn around pump fakes, no cheese, just a knowledge of my play book and how the cpu reacts to certain play sequences that allows you to make a perfect gameplan.

Last edited by PocketScout; 08-17-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Gameplan Orgin
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #14
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubOrange

Why so funny that people simulate? It is a SIMULATION game. I personally pride myself on being just as good a coach as I am player. If I see a matchup where I know my group will bring a win home, I set my strategy and sim. Thats one more hour I have to apply somewhere else other than in front of the game. If I'm playing the game and have it well under control, I may supersim to a certain point, if not to finish.

Not like it matters but the way Season Showdown is set up, you cant beat the brakes off the CPU but so much before you start getting the unsportsmanlike calls. Of course if you dial it back, CPU will most certainly try to clown you and absolutely will not take sportsmanship into consideration...might as well supersim it out after a certain point.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #15
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
LOL no not cheese. I know if I run up the gut first and second down and its now 3rd and 3 I can go spread and audible to a run up the middle from the same set and it will work. Then the next set do the same thing, but the thrid time I can drag my TE across the middle and hit him for the 4 yard first down. Then just do the same thing again and again. I have 24 plays that I run and I run them to almost perfection. Then just make sure to run them during the proper down and distance and the cpu just can not stop you.

No rocket catching, no turn around pump fakes, no cheese, just a knowledge of my play book and how the cpu reacts to certain play sequences that allows you to make a perfect gameplan.
That's cheesing in my book. Exploiting a flaw in the game.

Why don't you play with a different playbook? Or just try to emulate what happens in real life on Saturdays -- because that's kind of the point.

Come on dude there's got to be a way for you to enjoy the game without supersimming the defense. Just resist the urge to go back to the money plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #16
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezymac
Why so funny that people simulate? It is a SIMULATION game. I personally pride myself on being just as good a coach as I am player. If I see a matchup where I know my group will bring a win home, I set my strategy and sim. Thats one more hour I have to apply somewhere else other than in front of the game. If I'm playing the game and have it well under control, I may supersim to a certain point, if not to finish.

Not like it matters but the way Season Showdown is set up, you cant beat the brakes off the CPU but so much before you start getting the unsportsmanlike calls. Of course if you dial it back, CPU will most certainly try to clown you and absolutely will not take sportsmanship into consideration...might as well supersim it out after a certain point.
There's nothing wrong with simulating for convenience, but saying that you have to do it to enjoy the game is a tad ridiculous. Hell, I've done some full-sim dynasties before, but not skipping back and forth between playing and simming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »