Home

Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game

This is a discussion on Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #25
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Strategies to Prevent Yourself From Re-setting the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
So the Colts should not be allowed to play in the NFL because they cheese? What about no huddle teams? They come to the line and read the defense then make the play call? Or what about your OC? Did you ever see the offense he ran as a head coach? I did, extremely audible happy!
What I'm saying is, your money plays wouldn't work if you called them in the huddle. They work after you call a different play, then audible -- and the whole time you have the full intention of doing that audible. That's not playing the game the way it was designed to be played, and it's no wonder you can't enjoy it without supersimming.

And are you talking about Gus Malzahn? Are you talking about when he was coaching in high school, because that's pretty ridiculous. He's never head coached at the collegiate level, and at Auburn, he rarely calls plays after seeing the defense. (Hell, he stands on the sidelines -- if that were the case, or his intention, he'd be in the booth.) His attack is a speed no-huddle -- snapping the ball as soon as the referee blows the whistle, not the line up, look at the coaches, and then snap it type deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #26
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb27
Peyton Manning is a huge cheeser
And yet, this is NCAA 11 and not Peyton Manning 11. The vast majority of quarterbacks (in fact, all but one) are not Peyton Manning.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:57 PM   #27
Rookie

I dont think it is cheesing, but the game is not very good at picking up on the user's tendencies. Its not a very tough read for a QB to audible to a run up the middle if the defense is leaving it open, that is something the defense should do a better job of preventing. I would like to see the CPU adjust to your playcalling/ audibles better so that you have to change the way you call the game from the 1st quarter to the 4th
Old 08-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #28
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubOrange
What I'm saying is, your money plays wouldn't work if you called them in the huddle. They work after you call a different play, then audible -- and the whole time you have the full intention of doing that audible. That's not playing the game the way it was designed to be played, and it's no wonder you can't enjoy it without supersimming.

And are you talking about Gus Malzahn? Are you talking about when he was coaching in high school, because that's pretty ridiculous. He's never head coached at the collegiate level, and at Auburn, he rarely calls plays after seeing the defense. (Hell, he stands on the sidelines -- if that were the case, or his intention, he'd be in the booth.) His attack is a speed no-huddle -- snapping the ball as soon as the referee blows the whistle, not the line up, look at the coaches, and then snap it type deal.
His system was speed no huddle with the QB making the play call at the line. This part of the argument you will not understand until four-six years down the road when he gets full control of his own team and is no longer an OC or when you see an old film of Josh Floyd picking a part Junction City.

A money play is an exploit that the game can not stop, not a run up the middle that gets between -2 and +3 to +5 yards. A money play is something that works all the time that exploits a flaw in the game. IE turning around backwards and pump faking so the defense lets everyone run free. The defense adjusts to audibles, so its not an exploit.

Last edited by PocketScout; 08-17-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #29
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb27
I dont think it is cheesing, but the game is not very good at picking up on the user's tendencies. Its not a very tough read for a QB to audible to a run up the middle if the defense is leaving it open, that is something the defense should do a better job of preventing. I would like to see the CPU adjust to your playcalling/ audibles better so that you have to change the way you call the game from the 1st quarter to the 4th
Actually they do read it pretty well. After a drive or two they start blitzing when you audible and coming out in a lot more 7 in the box schemes since they see you have been running up the middle a lot. That's when you start staying with the original pass play. Since its 4 on 4 in the air now.

I do have to say they did a good job at programing the tendencies from what Ive seen because, even though out of the huddle I call pass, by the third drive they will start to stack the box because the CPU has seen my tendency to run up the middle. I thought this was really cool that the defense would make these type of adjustments. The only problem for the defense is I know how to shred man or zone and with it being 4 on 4 I should be able to complete 65% of my passes and punish them until they back out of the box and then I just go back to work there. Take what the defense is giving.

Last edited by PocketScout; 08-17-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #30
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
His system was speed no huddle with the cpu making the play call at the line. This part of the argument you will not understand until four-six years down the road when he gets full control of his own team and is no longer an OC.
What? Are we talking about real life here?

I think you meant QB, instead of cpu. If that's the case, this is false. Mostly, the team gets the call from the sideline during the shuffle to the new line of scrimmage, and the ball is snapped as soon as the whistle is blown or the entire team is lined up. The QB doesn't make any choices or calls. If you think that's because Malzahn hasn't implemented his offense to his liking, you're being ignorant because he has full reigns of the offense under defensive minded HC Gene Chizik. If you think that a high school quarterback can make those decisions and a collegiate quarterback can't, then you're just an idiot.

Please don't act like you know more about my team's OC than I do.

You're definition of cheesing is too narrow. Backward pump-faking is not the only way to do it. Cheesing is exploiting flaws in the game, and this is what you do. It's fine by me, though -- I'm enjoying my dynasty perfectly fine.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #31
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

I've gotten extremely mad. I have been known to have a temper. I do get what some have said, about how it feels like sometimes the CPU is cheating. Like they can do no wrong.

I could also understand if it was crunch time in a game, and you needed to do something in this play or you lose, and you accidently hit the wrong receiver button (like pressing X when you meant to press A)...and the only reason I could see someone almost reseting then is because it's not like in real life they accidently pass it to the #1 WR when they were going to throw to #2, although it is a video game, and that stuff can happen.

Off subject: Prowler, I like your sig.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #32
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubOrange
What? Are we talking about real life here?

I think you meant QB, instead of cpu. If that's the case, this is false. Mostly, the team gets the call from the sideline during the shuffle to the new line of scrimmage, and the ball is snapped as soon as the whistle is blown or the entire team is lined up. The QB doesn't make any choices or calls. If you think that's because Malzahn hasn't implemented his offense to his liking, you're being ignorant because he has full reigns of the offense under defensive minded HC Gene Chizik. If you think that a high school quarterback can make those decisions and a collegiate quarterback can't, then you're just an idiot.

Please don't act like you know more about my team's OC than I do.

You're definition of cheesing is too narrow. Backward pump-faking is not the only way to do it. Cheesing is exploiting flaws in the game, and this is what you do. It's fine by me, though -- I'm enjoying my dynasty perfectly fine.
Sorry typing on an iPhone and screwed up the cpu, was supposed to be QB. There is no need for name calling here I'm just debating you on your logic with facts, ideas and trying to see your rebuttals. Not exactly trolling you, but it could easily be misconstrued that way.

The gameplan he had as a head coach is different than what he runs as an OC. Maybe that's because time has passed and he is just calling a different game plan, but there is a difference. The style is the same but the gameplan is not. As for a High School QB being given reign to read the defense and audible out, its happens all the time. Maybe high school football is different in Alabama than it is in Arkansas but here there are many high school quarterbacks that are in systems they are allowed to make audibles without having to check with a coach.

ADDED: As for knowing more about your teams OC than you, ummm I watched him coach in 1998 and for the next ten years so I might have a better understanding of your OC's history than you do. Again that's might, but I don't remember seeing you in back in 98 watching Josh Floyd rip up Junction City, or in 05 as Mitch Mustain beat West Memphis. I watched both of them call audibles at the line. Again I could be wrong, I might not have seen or covered your OC's career for the last twelve years, you might have learned more about him in the last 18 months than I picked up in twelve years. By many in the state, the man was looked at as a savior back then and his reputation only grew greater with each championship run; then on to the Hogs, then Tulsa, now you guys. He is still loved in this state. Many people hope that he will make his way back here once the time is right to be the head coach. The state paper and state wide sports talk radio has calls and articles about him every couple weeks during the season.

Ok off the Gus talk. How is it an exploit if the cpu adjusts its defensive alignment when I audible and over the course of the game it compensates for what I am doing by paying attention to my tendencies? Again i'm talking a calculated bet that I can win a 6 on 6 battle in the box, sometimes I lose and get dropped with a 2 yard loss other times I get a 5 yard gain, sounds a lot like real football to me?

Again I love discussion about these type of things and no hard feelings man. I will have to agree with you that my ideas of cheese related directly to exploits and unreal game play. I do not drop back 10 yards, I do not roll out on non bootleg plays, I do not throw Hail Marys because I know I can rocket catch them, I do not go for it on 4th down, I do not run up the score to pad players stats, this is cheese stuff to me. I am using a style of play that has been around since the 60's, but modified to be ran from the spread. The triple option style offense is gut first then your called play, first read is always the middle, this is the same thing I am running. You feel my definition is pretty narrow and I think yours is pretty wide, again as with most cases the truth is in the middle somewhere.

Last edited by PocketScout; 08-18-2010 at 01:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »