Home

Getting into a better conference?

This is a discussion on Getting into a better conference? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Getting into a better conference?

I've gotten close to the title game a few times. One season (2015) I was ranked #2 for the last 5 weeks of the season, so I figured I was a lock for the title game, but after the Conference Championships I randomly dropped to #3 and Alabama (who I had beaten back in week 3) jumped ahead of me to play in the title game against Ohio State, while I got to play USC in the Rose Bowl. I won the Rose Bowl and finished the season ranked at #2, but it made me so angry that I got cheated out of a title game.

In my current season, I started the season ranked #19 (2nd time I've started ranked in the top 25, the other was 2016 I was #24), and scheduled my OoC games against #1 Alabama, #3 Penn State, #8 OU, and #9 Texas. Unfortunately, I've been neglecting my OL in my last few years of recruiting and now it's coming back to bite me. I just played week 1 vs. #9 Texas and my star HB couldn't get going because the entire UT DL got off of their blocks before I could even hand the ball off. I managed to pull out a win 24-22 by making a 34 yard FG as time expired.

As for getting to be a 6* school, you gain progam stars by completing your season goals, and all of my goals up until now have been things like "beat rival- HOU", "play in a bowl game", "win C-USA", and lots of other things that have been pretty easy to complete. However, this year I have "win a BCS title" as one of my goals, so it looks like it's now or never.

Last edited by Dianwei32; 08-18-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #10
Pro

Ok, they now officially have no excuse for not inviting me into a better conference. I just took Rice to the BCS Championship and won it all. I played against Penn State and actually had a fairly easy game. The final score was 35-31, but they scored 21 points in the last quarter (6:00 quarters) to recover from a 35-10 deficit. After 9 seasons of struggling, building up a good team, and dominating C-USA, I finally managed to win the big game, and I'm still stuck in C-USA.

I have Rice up to a 6* program, and the next highest ranked programs are only 3*'s.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

uh oh.. based on how this thread is going .. i may never get invited out of the sun belt conference with FIU..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

That's very strange to hear some guys aren't getting conference invites. In 3 out of 4 years with Arkansas State (Sun Belt) I got invited to a bigger conference. The SEC (declined twice in a row), didn't get an invite the next year but the year after that I got invited to the Big Ten and accepted. The highest I've ever finished was 15th in the country.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

teambuilder team, wanted to see what would happen....

98-0 2 national championships, won the wac or whatever every year, never have gotten an invite out.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #14
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
Ok, they now officially have no excuse for not inviting me into a better conference. I just took Rice to the BCS Championship and won it all. I played against Penn State and actually had a fairly easy game. The final score was 35-31, but they scored 21 points in the last quarter (6:00 quarters) to recover from a 35-10 deficit. After 9 seasons of struggling, building up a good team, and dominating C-USA, I finally managed to win the big game, and I'm still stuck in C-USA.

I have Rice up to a 6* program, and the next highest ranked programs are only 3*'s.
Are you by chance simulating any of the offseason or anything like that where the invite might happen?
Old 08-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #15
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

there's still a random aspect to conference invites -- you could be doing awesome and meet all the requirements for an invite to be possible, but there's no automatic guarantee that you'll get invited. If you really want the invite bad, save before the NC. Sim into the offseason. If you don't get the invite, reload. You should get an invite eventually, assuming you meet the requirements.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubOrange
Are you by chance simulating any of the offseason or anything like that where the invite might happen?
When do you normally get conference invites? The only portions of the off-season I sim through are recruiting weeks when I've signed all of my targeted players and don't have any more recruiting to do. I get invited to move to a different school every year right after the National Championship, but never a conference invite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »