Home

So what's the Difficulty Level verdict?

This is a discussion on So what's the Difficulty Level verdict? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What say you?
Moved to Varsity 19 16.38%
Stayed on AA 64 55.17%
Jumped to Heisman 33 28.45%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: So what's the Difficulty Level verdict?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb27
Never really played on varsity before, but I'm really liking how the players act with those sliders

I don't think all of it is sliders.....i just think EA has some kind of code in the game where Varsity level is easier to customize because that's most likley where EA does all there game testing.

They just modify each level above Varsity by a percentage boost in sliders and ratings.

Not too much super man stuff seems to happen on Varsity accept the broken tackles which i think is more a result of the inflated break tackle ratings in the game itself.

Now from reading a few post the only thing that seems to have happend on Varsity level is the QB's have been beefed up somewhat. But lowering QBA slider should fix any issue with that slider.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Playing on AA with a few slider adjustments to balance it out, and only call plays offered by the AI, mostly taking the first place offered.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

This thread kinda downplays Varsity level.....

There should have been an option for stayed on Varsity level because a lot of us started out on Varsity level and therefor we never moved down to begin with LOL

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-18-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have stayed on AA. Always played Heisman in the past, because the sliders never seemed to work. This year I've been able to get my most realistic results on AA. Currently trying out SN's new post-patch sliders and making tweaks according to my skill level. So far so good.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Was using SN's sliders until I beat Alabama with Middle Tennessee State. Moved to Heisman with these adjustments:

HUM WR Catching 60
HUM Pass Rush 60

CPU Pass Block 45
CPU FG Acc 55
Old 08-18-2010, 11:09 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

AA with jistic sliders. I started my dynasty over and now I'm playing as Georgia. My first game was against the "Ragin Cajuns", and it was scary until the middle of the second quarter. The game is great to me.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

AA is broken for me now. You can't finetune the cpu running game. If you like it at default (weak for many of us) then you will be fine with AA but it's unplayable for me now. Made the jump to Heisman and with slider tweaks it plays very well. It's not cheap and the computer does not cheat imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 12:11 AM   #16
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
AA is broken for me now. You can't finetune the cpu running game. If you like it at default (weak for many of us) then you will be fine with AA but it's unplayable for me now. Made the jump to Heisman and with slider tweaks it plays very well. It's not cheap and the computer does not cheat imo.
I think I'll be joining you soon Rudy. AA is broken for me post patch- I simply can not lose. Good teams can't muster any offense against me, and I can now pass for 600+ yards per game due to the CPU busted zones.

After a few exhibition heisman games it felt like pre patch AA to me. The CPU worked me on the ground, and when I was a bad team I struggled. Plus the CPU plays better pass D, and the slants are tougher to exploit. For some reason post patch 2, heisman seems to give the most realistic results. Good teams and players shine, while scrub teams and players falter.

I almost wonder if a side effect of patch 2/tuning set 2 was a nerving of AA back to varsity difficulty, with heisman becoming AA, and the real heisman hidden somewhere in the code. Conspiracy theory!

Tomorrow I am going to test me being a powerhouse vs a scrub team. Depending on how that goes I think I'm making the switch and finally beginning my offline dynasty.

Now my only question is this- if I begin an OD with my college buddies, is there any way to make our games vs the CPU on heisman, and games vs each other on AA? AA still provides a better head to head experience IMO.

Last edited by Bumble14; 08-25-2010 at 12:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »