Home

The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

This is a discussion on The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilsack08
I'm doing an online dynasty with Michigan. I beat Toledo, lost to UConn and @TAMU. Week 4 I was playing @Notre Dame. Fell behind 10-0 but mounted a comeback to tie things up at 17 in the 4th quarter. Got a turnover which I converted into a FG to lead 20-17. I stopped them on 4th down and thought I could run the clock out, but Robinson was pushed out of bounds with 25 seconds left. I kicked a FG to take a 23-17 lead and then survived 2 Hail Mary's as time expired.

What made the win even sweeter is that it was a Rivalry Game and ND had invited a whopping 22 recruits to campus to see the game. Several of them are players I'm also recruiting, so it's an extra bonus knowing that ND lost in front of all those prospects.
Sometimes its not the game that matters most, its the situation! I love beating rivals (like Michigan when I play as Michigan state :P) and knowing that you ruined their hopes of 10+ recruits.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #74
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

I had probably the most enjoyable loss on NCAA that I've ever had!

I just started a Dynasty with Tulane....after upsetting Ole Miss to go to 2-0 we went to Houston for our first C-USA game.

After Houston kicked a couple of FG's I throw a perfect pass on a streak to take a 7-6 lead. Houston walks down the field on their next drive to take a 13-7 lead. I drove the ball down to the 30-40 area but could never get anything out of it. Houston drives easily again to go up 20-7.
Another 3 and out and we punt again. Get Houston into a 3rd and 25 and my safety blows his coverage and Houston scores a 65 yard TD to go up 27-7.
I try to get a quick TD before half but get hit while throwing and its a pick 6...34-7 at half.
No normally I'd be really frustrated and feeling that I'm getting cheated by the CPU...but with the zero threshold sliders I'm feeling like I'm just getting out played.
Second half I'm getting the ball and I abandon the run.
I score 2 quick TD's and stop Houston to get the score to 34-21 at the end of 3rd.
Again my D steps up and we get the ball...drive down but can't get it in the endzone...34-24 Houston.
On the ensuing kick off Houston fumbles and I return it for a TD...34-31 Houston.
Houston's next drive they go backward....punt and we have a chance to take the lead!
A couple of passes later we drive down to the 5. On 3rd and goal I drop back to pass....nobody open but the seas part right in front of my QB and he runs it in for the 38-34 Tulane lead!
Houston goes back to their passing attack and take it all the way down to the 3. On 4th and goal I make a mistake with my LB and overplay the left side....TD throw for Houston and it's 41-38 Houston.
I put together a great drive....but stall again at the 34 yard line. I have to go for it on 4th because my kicker sucks.....a pass gets tipped and INT....game over.......but man that was an intense game. Most fun I've had losing!
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC

Last edited by gerg1234; 01-07-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #75
Rookie

vilsack08's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by playguitar90
Sometimes its not the game that matters most, its the situation! I love beating rivals (like Michigan when I play as Michigan state :P) and knowing that you ruined their hopes of 10+ recruits.
Purdue almost got me. I figured it was an easy win so I loaded up the prospects. I was down 27-7 at half. Then I went no huddle and mounted a furious comeback. I had cut the lead to 34-31 when Purdue scored a touchdown to start the 4th. I cut the lead to 41-38 and held them on a 3-and-out to get the ball back but was picked off in the end zone. I used my timeouts on defense, got them to punt and took it to the house with under a minute left. The game ended up an Instant Classic and when I advanced I had landed the #1 TE in the country after an A+ visit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm in year 1 of a new offline dynasty using my own slider concoction to even the playing field and get a good challenge. (The other sliders on this site are also great, but aren't geared towards 0 threshold, fast speed so I went ahead and created my own).

I'm using San Diego St. I'm having a much better 1st season than expected, 8-1 (4-1) heading into the biggest game of the season, at #4 TCU (10-0, 6-0). TCU has 12 recruits coming in and I'd really love to ruin their visits.

I start the scoring with a long FG, 3-0. Ed Wesley then scores 30 seconds later on a screen pass he took 63 yards, 3-7. After a few nice passing plays I get down to the goal line and punch it in to reclaim the lead 10-7.

2nd quarter was a nightmare. Andy Dalton threw a 34 yard TD against my blitz, 10-14. I get the ball, start driving again (my QB Ryan Lindley had the game of his life). I usually run way more than I pass but TCU was just stuffing my RBs at the line. I get down near the red zone but get picked off by G. McCoy, who returns it 74 yards for a TD, I trail 10-21. OK, gotta focus, can't let this one get away. SDSU would respond with a 17 yard TD run on a draw play, back to 17-21. TCU stomps down the field and Ed Wesley scored another TD, 17-28 now with under 2 minutes in the half. After a 3 and out, TCU scored on a 29 yard TD pass by Dalton, 17-35 at halftime.

3rd quarter was pretty uneventful, neither team added any points and I'm not feeling good about my chances going into the 4th down 17-35. I wasn't even mad really, just figured I'd play as smart as I can and hope for a miracle.

4th quarter. About 2:30 into the fourth I hit my star WR Vincent Brown on a crossing route and he was able to make a move and take it the distance, 24-35 now 5:29 left. The SDSU defense really stepped up in the 2nd half, and I force another 3 and out, get the ball back and score on a 3 yard run with 3:08 left, 30-35. To try and make it a FG game, I go for two and get it, 32-35. TCU gets the ball and picks up a 1st down, it looks like Ed Wesley is about to run out the clock unless I can get a stop. Amazingly, TCU attempts a pass instead of running clock TWICE and both passes are incomplete. With 5 seconds left in the 4th quarter and trailing by 3 at the TCU 8 yard line, I'm torn with the decision to go for the win on the road or play for overtime. I don't trust the game, something stupid will happen I just know it, so I kick the FG and head to overtime, 35-35.

I win the coin toss and choose D. Ed Wesley dominated the series and scored another TD, 35-42. Riding my own momentum I had a pretty lengthy drive considering we start from the 25. I get a 1st and goal from the 1 and am stuffed 3 times in a row! On 4th and 1 with the game on the line I try to power my way into the end zone and it worked! 42-42

2nd OT. I get the ball and score on a QB scramble by Lindley to go ahead 49-42, my first lead since the 1st quarter. Ensuing possession Dalton is sacked on 1st down, then throws 2 incomplete passes. 4th and 16 with the game on the line and he completes a 19 yard pass for the first down and my head dropped, like it was the ultimate sign that I was not going to win. Took a deep breath and tried to shrug it off but Ed Wesley would score again to force a third OT 49-49, then with the ball first they score ANOTHER TD (Ed Wesley, who else), converting the mandatory 2 point attempt to lead 49-57. At this point it seems all my backups are in, either due to injury or just fatigue. I've been passing out of the shotgun mostly and decide to mix in a shotgun run and it works, scoring a TD. I have a perfect play called for the 2, a slant option over the middle or a quick hitch to the other side. The hitch is open, I make a good throw and my receiver dropped it in the end zone. Right off his hands, game over 55-57. What a heartbreaker. Even more amazing, the game isn't an instant classic. Ugh.

Ed Wesley (TCU) final stat line: 24 carries 175 yards 4 TDs, 1 catch 63 yards TD.
Ryan Lindley (SDSU) stat line: 39-67 for 489 yards 1 TD 2 INT. I've never even attempted half that many passes before, let alone come within 200 yards of his total yards for the game.

I also outgained them in total offense by 240 yards, but had a 3 to 1 turnover disadvantage. This was a really long update so kudos to anyone who made it all the way through, I wanted to condense it but there was too much I wanted to say lol. Even though it was a disappointing loss, I think it still qualifies as an awesome game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »