Home

The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

This is a discussion on The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #17
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

That's awesome. Hearing about the Buckeyes losing is good for me anyway, but the way that game went, I bet you were sweating bullets. That's insane. I would have been going nuts.

Good job.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #18
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_GoBlue
That's awesome. Hearing about the Buckeyes losing is good for me anyway, but the way that game went, I bet you were sweating bullets. That's insane. I would have been going nuts.

Good job.
Thank you for taking the time to read that, I thoroughly enjoyed typing it up and even more reading it again. One of the most classic games I've ever played, and highly doubt I will ever top it. The fact I was down that many scores with so little time left and how they got the interception but I forced them into the endzone on the safety and got the ball back for the scoring drive. Just think if I would have never thrown that interception, I probably would not have won that game. Because of my luck on that, I called the draw play on 4th and 10 in overtime, no coach would ever do such a thing like that, but I went for it all. Kinda like Boise State did with Oklahoma.

I am loving the hell out of NCAA 11 this year and I've had a few games come close to this, but not surpassed it yet. Can't wait to dig deeper and get some better games.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #19
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

I have a list of all the rivalry trophies, and have been going through and winning them all for the past two weeks or so. I've played all the games on All-American, and had some really close, really exciting, really good games.

A few, like I said before, I thought I had lost, but somehow would cause a turnover or something to come back and win!

I really like the All-American difficulty. I used to only play on freshman, so to bump to Varsity for a little bit, then be on All-American, and be doing as good as I'm doing, it's really cool.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #20
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Thank you for taking the time to read that, I thoroughly enjoyed typing it up and even more reading it again. One of the most classic games I've ever played, and highly doubt I will ever top it. The fact I was down that many scores with so little time left and how they got the interception but I forced them into the endzone on the safety and got the ball back for the scoring drive. Just think if I would have never thrown that interception, I probably would not have won that game. Because of my luck on that, I called the draw play on 4th and 10 in overtime, no coach would ever do such a thing like that, but I went for it all. Kinda like Boise State did with Oklahoma.

I am loving the hell out of NCAA 11 this year and I've had a few games come close to this, but not surpassed it yet. Can't wait to dig deeper and get some better games.
Wow, just wow. That sounds like an incredible game! I would not have called a draw play on 4th and 10, with the game on the line, heck I probably would have just kicked the FG and gone into another OT. Kudos to you for having the guts to call that!
The Boise State-Oklahoma play was the first thing I thought of when I was reading that.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #21
Say whaaa?

13's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Alright so maybe I lied, this is one of my greatest games ever. I posted it last year, so the below is copy and pasted. Trust me, this is WORTH the read.
By far the most exciting thing I've read in a long time. Congrats, that was amazing.

Retired U.S.A.F.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Okay; I think compared to that, the rest of us have nothing to offer!

I've just started playing on Heisman as ND. Lost first game to Purdue. Second game I play Michigan. I was doing pretty well against them. I was up 13-6 on two FGs and an INT return for TD on my part. One of the FGs was a legitimate 56 yarder; the other was about a 23 yarder after I forced a fumble, but had a 3 play, -4 yard drive.

Late first half going into the second I fell apart. I threw an INT that they ran back for a TD. In addition, my QB broke a rib on the same play. In the second half I couldn't move the ball, but they were only doing so-so themselves. One of their punts early on pushed me back to the 12, where my backup QB was sacked, fumbled, and gave up a TD. 20-13. I haven't scored in forever. We traded punts until the last 3 min of the game.

Finally I remembered that I had a TE and that I should be mixing up my running styles. Their D-lineman were killing me, but mixing in some screens, tosses, and a few draw plays, I got my running game going. Caught them on a blitz for a long heave to a WR.

Long story short, with 1:30 left I scored a TD after a 85 yard drive on 4th down from the 1 yard line. It felt really good to move the ball and tie them 20-20. At this point I figure we're going to OT. However, on the first play after I kick it back to them, I guessed that they weren't just going to run out the clock, so I called a double weak side LB blitz. Manti Te'o crushes Forcier, forces a fumble, and one of my D-lineman grabs it. I hurdle over Forcier and run in for a score!

Of course, they drive it quickly down to my 30 yard line, at which point my D stiffens, swatting a few balls and getting pressure on the QB. I intercepted the 4th-and-10 throw for the victory. Felt great.

I like the bump in intensity from AA to Heisman. I think the CPU D-line gets a bit too much giddy-up, though.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

My #2 Ohio State Buckeyes meet #1 Alabama Crimson Tide in the National Championship game and here is the summary. Keep in mind OSU has beaten every team by about 30-40 points all year. This was a #8 greatest game for me.

Ohio State won the toss and deferred to Alabama, who came out breathing fire. OSU could not stop the constant onslaught of Mark Ingram and he finally busted loose for a 40 yard scamper for a touchdown. To 'Bama fans it pointed to a huge day for the Heisman winner but it was to be his last big run of the day. Ohio State got the ball on the kick return and showed why they have one of the top rated offenses in NCAA, getting it done almost exclusively on the ground, with an alternating one-two punch of Boom Herron and Brandon Saine. At the 2:18 mark Boom Herron exploded into the end zone and tied the score at 7. A costly fumble on the kick return put Alabama deep in their own territory. Ohio State was unable to punch it in so they settled for a field goal to make it 10-7 after the 1st quarter.

The Crimson Tide drove down the field to start the second but a devastating goal line hit by Buckeye linebacker Brian Rolle not only put out Mark Ingram for 2 quarters with a hip pointer, but also gave the Buckeyes the ball back and stopped yet another Tide score. The Ohio State offense continued to dominate the line but was heating up with Pryor throwing all over the place. The drive was interrupted by a devastating knee injury to Pryor which put him out of the game, however Ohio State was able to throw it in for a TD on the hands of backup Joe Bauserman to make it 17-7. With less than 2 minutes to go until halftime Bama' scored on a 13 yard strike from Heisman trophy winner McElroy to cut the Ohio State lead to 17-14 On the ensuing drive Ohio States Bauserman was picked off and it seemed as if disaster was about to strike for the Bucks. However, the Silver Bullets defense rose up and nickel cornerback Orhian Johnson picked the ball in the end zone to end the half.

Ohio State came out in the 2nd half with no idea on how to move the football absent their playmaker Terrelle Pryor. The speedy sophmore Kenny Guiton got some playing time but the Bucks simply could not run, nor pass and were forced to punt the ball back to Alabama. The Crimson Tide were able to answer with a drive consisting of precise passing and finished it off with a 3 yard run by backup running back Trent Richardson. The drive was aided by an offsides call on Ohio State. After yet another futile drive by Guiton OSU was forced to punt. The Ohio State defense however responded, sacking the Tide and forcing them to punt, finishing up the 3rd quarter with the Tide leading 21-17 and Ohio State seemingly having no answers on how to move the ball.

The 4th quarter began with Ohio State coach Shaun Hough deciding that the Buckeyes were going to live or die with the run. Joe Bauserman replaced the ineffectual Kenny Guiton and began hand off duties to both backs. With about 4 minutes left in the game coach Hough was faced with a 4th and inches near the Tide 40 yard line. A hand off to Boom Herron and the Buckeyes converted. With 3:48 left to go in the game, facing certain defeat Joe Bauserman took the snap, rolled out right and saw a crossing wide receiver, Ty Williams, for the go-ahead score, Buckeyes 24-21. Alabama got the ball back and on 1st and 10 Mark Ingram was stuffed by Dexter Larrimore for a 2 yard loss. On 2nd and 10 Mark Ingram again gets the ball, this time for a 5 yard gain. On 3rd and 5 McElroys pass is rushed by All-American Cameron Heyward and the Tide are forced to punt with 2:56 remaining. On 1st and 10 Brandon Saine picks up 8.

On 2nd and 2 however he loses 2 yards. After an incomplete pass by Bauserman the Buckeyes line up in punting formation at the Tide 45 yard line. However, it's a fake!! Zach Boren breaks a tackle and picks up the first down. It would be the defining moment of the game. One more pass by Bauserman to Stoneburner and a 9 yard rush later and the Buckeyes are national champions! What a game!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Fake punt! Gutsy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »