Home

The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

This is a discussion on The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2010, 11:14 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

So i just lost a heartbreaker to Virginia as Indiana.

1st Quarter

All Virginia. They put 24 up. We put up nothing. Nothing to say but we got slammed.

Virginia 24 - Indiana 0

2nd Quarter

SIGNS OF LIFE. We put up 20 in the quarter, compared to their three in the same quarter. No huge plays or anything, but i will mention i am running the Run and Shoot.

Virginia 27 - Indiana 20

3rd Quarter

We manage to tie the game this quarter, scoring 21 points to their 14.

Indiana 31 - Virginia - 31

4th Quarter

It was back and forth in this quarter, classic struggle. Here's where things get exciting

We go down 3 points with 25 seconds left in the game. We manage to drive all of 60+ yards to get within FG Range. Then, decision time. There's 10 seconds left. 4th and 2. If we were any closer, i may have gone for it. But we were about at the 17ish yard line, so i kick the FG and force OT.

Indiana 58 - Virginia 58

Overtime

We won the toss, and chose to defend. They strike first, scoring a FG. We then drive down the field, eventually reaching the 10 yard line. First Down, pass play, gets us about 2 yards i believe. 2nd Down, draw play, gets us to the goal line. 3rd down, pass play, Incomplete. Now it's fourth down. Our defense isn't all that good, and i didn't really want it to come down to defense. So instead of kicking the FG, we went for the win. I call an Out route for one of my money recievers. He gets open, i throw it to him. What happened next was amazing. He dropped it. Blew it. Choked. Game Over. What an awful way to lose a game. I'm not mad, but more disappointed. We had it in our grasp cut couldn't get a grip. (pun intended)

Final: Virginia 61 - Indiana 58
Old 10-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #58
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

Just beat Ole Miss 33-30 in overtime with Kentucky first year in my dynasty. And then the game froze on the loading screen.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #59
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

tough loss bubba!!

btw, you're math might need some polishing up (27 + 21 /= 31) or (20+14 /= 31)

Just bustin' your balls

Old 10-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
tough loss bubba!!

btw, you're math might need some polishing up (27 + 21 /= 31) or (20+14 /= 31)

Just bustin' your balls
Yeah, sorry, i was glancing at the box score :P.

Unfortunately, i forgot to save after this game, but take two was close as well, be we just faltered at the end, 29-28 Virginia.

Of course, my defense gave up 28 to Ball State, so no HUGE Surprises.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Playing as michigan in the rose bowl. Got off to a healthy 17-0 lead against arizona in the first quarter. Then things got ugly. Denard was out for the game. And before I knew it I was down to my 4th string running back, 3rd string qb, and arizona was up 31-24. :47 left in the game. A drive for the ages. 1st a goal from the 10: incomplete pass. 2nd and goal: sacked. 3rd and goal:incomplete. That incompletion left :01 left. I called "Stick" (out of the trips right shotgun formation) and hit the "X" reciever. He was double covered and just jumped up and caught it with one hand. By far the best game ever. That or my 14-10 win over lsu where I decide to go for it on 4th and 7 with :32 left instead of kicking it to send us to over time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2010, 04:05 AM   #62
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetarguy
Playing as michigan in the rose bowl. Got off to a healthy 17-0 lead against arizona in the first quarter. Then things got ugly. Denard was out for the game. And before I knew it I was down to my 4th string running back, 3rd string qb, and arizona was up 31-24. :47 left in the game. A drive for the ages. 1st a goal from the 10: incomplete pass. 2nd and goal: sacked. 3rd and goal:incomplete. That incompletion left :01 left. I called "Stick" (out of the trips right shotgun formation) and hit the "X" reciever. He was double covered and just jumped up and caught it with one hand. By far the best game ever. That or my 14-10 win over lsu where I decide to go for it on 4th and 7 with :32 left instead of kicking it to send us to over time.
ARIZONA WAS IN A ROSE BOWL!!!!!!! sorry it's just never happened before...really UA is trying for its first this year! That truly sounds like an awesome game as well! Excellent catch!
Old 10-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

Love reading things like these recaps. Here's one of my memorable games in my online dynasty: ULL vs LSU for all the marbles.

My brother, friend, girlfriend and myself have an online dynasty going. After last year, where my friend and I met every year in the title game, we decided we'd pick lesser teams to give the other two a chance. This led to me picking ULL, not realizing they were ranked nearly dead last to start. We did move ourselves to BCS conferences however, to help out a bit and give ourselves a challenge.

Cut to the 2nd year, and I have Cal (gf's team) on my schedule. In a close 32-28 victory where I had to stop her high powered offense with a minute to go, I clinched my way into the title game against my brother and his yet-to-lose-in-2-years LSU team.

I typically kill him when we play head to head. Typically however, I am not ULL and he LSU.

He gets the ball first and predictably drives down field. I had a couple chances on 3rd down but could not stop his running backs. Still, with 1st and goal at the 1, my defense held strong and forced him into a 4th and goal situation. He goes for it, my LB hits him in the backfield and he falls forward for the TD. He also ate up all but 1 minute in the first quarter.

End of first: LSU 7 - 0 ULL

I'm moving the ball fairly well, finding weaknesses in his man coverage and running when I need to. On a 2nd and 8 from the 17, I hit my slot receiver at the goalline but he can't fall forward for the TD. Crap. It's okay though, my team has been great with 1 to go. 1st down, stuffed, completely unblocked. 2nd down, same. 3rd down, there's a hole but my RB falls sideways. I decide I should go for it. The hole is there when suddenly my OLine just lets go of their blocks. 2 defenders meet me at the goalline and push me back.

Thankfully, having him backed up brought out his conservative offense, and I got the ball back with ~2:30 to go. :06 to half I hit my main WR (who had some insane stat of 34 receptions and 1200 yards. I still haven't figured out if that was a glitch or if this kid just kept making huge plays for me) for a TD.

Halftime: LSU 7 - 7 ULL

2nd half kickoff comes to me and my returner fumbles the ball that my brother returns to the house. Great. ULL finally shows up. He kicks off again and this time I bring it out to about the 40 after a missed tackle. And no fumble this time!

Seeing Hill (WR previously mentioned) lined up with only Claiborne covering him, I decided it was my time to take a shot. LSU had come out with 2 safeties nearly all game. This was the first time I saw only one. Dropped back, tossed it deep and Hill comes down with it for the quick touchdown.

We traded TDs after that, with him having the ball deep in my territory as the 4th quarter came in. 7-7 at half, and we both put up 14 in the 3rd.

3rd quarter: LSU 21 - ULL 21

First play of the 4th quarter he gets Ware to the outside and no one is going to get him as he walks in for an easy TD. I take my time driving down the field, just moving the chains. With about 3:10 left I tie up the game catching my TE open over the middle. "Too much time left" I thought to myself. My brother drives down the field, converting a few "oh man I might stop hi...aww crap wide open" 3rd downs in the process. I finally get him to a 4th and 14, in position for a 50 yard FG. But he doesn't have a kicker. Our dynasty had maybe 5 Ks out there for recruiting in our first year, and we couldn't get any of them. Knowing this, he punted, and pinned me on the 1 with ~1:20 to go.

Knotted up at 28-28, OT looked like quite the possibility. But he still had 2 timeouts, and I was in a bad spot and had only stopped him once all game. I decided to go aggressive. First down play I was nearly sacked for a safety. Second down same thing, as my edges were not blocking at all.

3rd and 10 from my own 1 yardline, I caught Peterson playing underneath my WR and the safety drawn to the left side of the field. It was small space, but the pass was complete at midfield. 5 or 6 plays later, I set up for a 33 yarder and since I actually had a kicker, made it easily.

Final: LSU - 28 31 - ULL

The story isn't as exciting as some of the others here, but it's the best game he and I had ever had against one another, and I had serious doubts about a chance at victory with him having the ball, and then with me having 3rd and 10 from my own 1 with a PP7 covered WR as my only option.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just played as Michigan State facing Notre Dame on default Heisman. Started the game with an pick 6 on the first play from scrimmage. Game went back and forth the entire way, with Notre Dame finally pulling away and taking a 14-point lead into the 4th quarter. That's when I come back to tie the game with two minutes left. I then intercept Crist again, and being on Notre Dame's 38 yard-line, I just have to run out the clock.

Then I fumble the ball away.

Notre Dame drives down and scores as time expires. Game over. I lose 38-31.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »