Home

The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

This is a discussion on The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2010, 06:36 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Official "I Just Played An Awesome Game" Thread

It's the 7th year of my Penn State dynasty. It's week 3 and I am ranked #3. I just handed a 42-13 beating to Boise State the week before to head into #11 Texas hoping for a huge win to move up in the ranks. Game starts out quite as I expected: My Sophomore QB connects on a 67 yard TD to last season's Heisman winner and this year's front runner WR Jason Dorsey to go up by 7. The following possession, Texas QB drops back and gets hit hard - FUMBLE!! - my freshman DT, making his first start, picks up the ball and returns it for 6. Up 13-0 early in the first quarter - looking good. But WAIT - booth reviews the fumble; ruled to be an incomplete pass (and commentary is "the knee was clearly down before the ball got lose"). From that point it basically went down hill. My QB fumbles on three consecutive possessions and at half time Texas leads 7-34 and looks absolutely unstoppable on offense.

The second half began as the first ended: First play of the half, Texas' ball on their own 20, their HB breaks three tackles on a 80 yrd TD run to extend the lead to 7-41. Game over I thought, but luckily my offense finally got their act together and started to put up some points. It's going back and forth - one score after the other. My QB totaled 573 passing yards and 7 TDs, while J.Dorsey caught 4 TDs and gained 422 yrds receiving. However, all this was not enough as the game ended 48-65 after a failed 4th down conversion with 1:30 remaining. Now it was all kneels before the whistle blew.

This definately was one of the most frustrating and at the same time entertaining games so far! My national title hopes are already down the toilet after two games, but at least the dynasty keeps being intersting...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #66
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

bumping this in regards to the guy who posted a thread asking about their best games. This way we have more games posted in one thread, and keep things from getting cluttered.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #67
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Playing as UGA vs OU in the Nat'l Championship. I led 28-7 at the half, but then my running game got stuffed and my QB started completing passes like crazy. It's too bad he kept completing them to guys in the wrong jersey! With :14 left, OU scored to tie it at 35. I brought the kick back out to the 20, but with :08 left and 80 yds to go, I was just going to run the clock out and take it to overtime.

Rather than taking a knee though, I said, "Why not?" and decided that I might as well try a run play to wear out the clock instead. The worst that could happen was a fumble, and if it looked like I was about to take a hit, I'd just go to the ground. I ran goal line HB iso and they stacked everybody they could in the box. When my HB got it, there was a hole wide enough for an 18-wheeler, sideways. I ran 80 yds untouched for the score to win the NC on the last play of the game.

Apparently, that HB iso from goal line is a money play at the end of a game. Since then, I've scored 2 more times with that same play from 60 yds+ while trying to run out the clock at the end of a blowout game.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had a game that was probably my most memorable out of all my years playing NCAA. And the one that ultimately made me angrier than any other game, but not for the reason you might believe.

I'm running a dynasty with lowly San Jose St. It's my 3rd year under the helm and it couldn't of gone any better. I recruited a 3* QB that even through more years later no 4* or 5* star has been able to touch. The rest of my team is trash but so is the rest of the WAC for the most part so I'm handling all the teams. Somehow, in another classic, I pull off the most improbable upset over Boise St. I should have never won that game and I truly mean that. I could not even dream of stopping them on D and a timely fumble ended it for them.

So now I'm undefeated because of my cake schedule and outrageous win over Boise St. I really can't reiterate enough that it wasn't my skill that won that game. To my surprise I shoot up the rankings even though I had a C- schedule and I've landed myself in the Sugar Bowl with USC. Beatdown here I come. A- vs D+ team, we all know that outcome. I struggle with C+ teams and can only hope for miracles on a B- team like Boise St. that year.

The game isn't going well at all for me. Both my offensive and defensive lines might as well be revolving doors because they're running through me like they are. I'm a very run oriented guy, and I try to stick with it but trailing 14 at half I've decided that's enough.

The second half rolls around and I throw it all on R. Johnson's(QB) shoulders. He's having the game of his life. I stick with the short routes as my wide receivers have the speed of most teams tight ends. I stop them twice, a 3 and out and an interception in the 3rd and I've tied this ball game up.

They have possession starting the 4th quarter and it's obvious they're offense is back on. There's no stopping them and they march down for a TD. Johnson isn't giving up though and picking apart the zone marches us down to tie it back up. This goes back and forth two more times, with both teams scoring 14 more points each in under 4 minutes total. We've each scored 21 in the 4th.

Now there's 2 minutes left and they have possession and I know it's over for me. They march down the field and are into FG range without a fight. Somehow, their receivers drop 2 passes and I stop them on a short route to force the kick. The kick is up and... wide right! I can't believe it, I actually have a chance.

Johnson is the definition of Mr. Clutch and marches us down to the 4 yard line in under a minute and now the clock is at :03 after a timeout. The FG unit comes on and I've just won my first bowl game and had an undefeated season. I watch the complete post game sequence and am basking in the confetti happy I just won the Sugar Bowl in an **** game. ESPN Classic score comes up to 1710.

Go to exit the game and await to see how this has affected my school's ratings and loading, loading, loading... still loading. 10 minutes later I finally give up. The game never made it back to the dynasty screen. I stare at the screen completely dismayed that my great game was for nothing. Reboot the PS3 and replay the game to get a nice 35-7 beat down laid on me.

So that was my great game, the one that never made it to the history books.

Btw, I used to be a member here years ago and stopped coming as I gave up on EA until they put out a better product. Most probably won't remember me but I recognize a few faces.

Last edited by Itzamna; 01-06-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:49 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

^^^ a similar thing happened to me not long ago as Central Michigan vs Cincinnati. It wasn't as good as yours, the final was 31-24 (I think) but I was so excited to have gutted out the win, only to have it freeze on me on the post game loading screen, which is like 5 seconds from auto save. I had to pull off a nice comeback, was all proud of myself, then was pretty ticked when it froze afterwords. I haven't picked up the game since, but I'm tempted to go back and start a new dynasty with a new school, I'm leaning towards San Diego State.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah it sucks when it happens, been twice now. Both times for me it was when I didn't skip through that black scoreboard they show after the game or after the half, the one that sits on the field, not part of the stadium.

I've been looking at moving to San Diego St now that SJSU is a top tier team, not quite powerhouse, after 9 years. They have a nice campus lifestyle rating.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #71
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

I had a regular season game last night between Syracuse (ME) and Cincinnati that was a barn burner. We won after a 5OT game a first for in any ncaa game ranging from 97 to current. What a game very physical with about 5 injuries in the 1st quarter alone and my middle linebacker leaving the game in the third on the gator with broken ribs gone for 5 weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #72
Rookie

vilsack08's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm doing an online dynasty with Michigan. I beat Toledo, lost to UConn and @TAMU. Week 4 I was playing @Notre Dame. Fell behind 10-0 but mounted a comeback to tie things up at 17 in the 4th quarter. Got a turnover which I converted into a FG to lead 20-17. I stopped them on 4th down and thought I could run the clock out, but Robinson was pushed out of bounds with 25 seconds left. I kicked a FG to take a 23-17 lead and then survived 2 Hail Mary's as time expired.

What made the win even sweeter is that it was a Rivalry Game and ND had invited a whopping 22 recruits to campus to see the game. Several of them are players I'm also recruiting, so it's an extra bonus knowing that ND lost in front of all those prospects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »