Home

EA is very quiet....starting to worry.

This is a discussion on EA is very quiet....starting to worry. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 02:06 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: EA is very quiet....starting to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Noticing unrealsitic FG's length attempts (On Heisman level only) Anyone else?

I can deal with everything else but this kills the game. Im not here to bash, I actually really enjoy it but the cpu always attempting unmakeable fg's is a joke. 56 to 63 yarders... This is a game killer...
I'm not here to bash either. I haven't experienced the CPU doing that field goal wise. However, I do get somewhat annoyed on MY PLAYCALL screen when it's 4th down and it's obvious I need to punt, but the first play that is chosen for me is like a 93 yrd field goal. That actually happened to me last game. The default play call was a 93 yrd field goal.

Seriously? Now.....honestly that was in the game last year too and it's not a game killer (having to select another play from default because default is ridiculous)

I know and even agree that EA is aware and that they are not stupid. On the other hand when you can fire up a "play now" game against the CPU and it's 4th down and first default play that comes up for the user is a 90+ yrd field goal......I'm sorry, that's inexcusable. Especially considering this year what??? 10+ I know for sure.

Anwyay, there's nothing we can do. Every year it gets better in some ways and more ridiculous in others. One thing is for sure, there is a serious lack of attention to detail over at EA bordering on just

This year, they have managed to break online play AND offline dynasty.
The two most major parts of the game are just flat broke.
What's on the table for next year? Just gonna ship out a blank disk? In some ways THAT would be better than this. At least you'd know right away you wouldn't have to waste any of your time. I do feel somewhat better now at least that a 3rd patch is coming. They have no choice. Like I said, with what we have now, both online and offline are broken to the point that it's not playable.

How they could manage to screw up both 'modes' of play is just baffling...only EA could continue to top their own failures. Now I'm getting hot so I'm going to stop. Sorry.

Will certainly give credit where it is due. The locomotion is mega sweet. The animations are fresh and not only are they fresh but it doesn't feel like you are "trapped" once the animations start either. The helmets getting scuffed are nice. REALLY NICE. Facing hurry up offenses is fresh. I have noticed a pretty big increase in the 'fatigue' factor as well. I don't know if the sliders work for substitutions cause I haven't messed with them but I do notice the fatigue a lot more this year.

I dunno, seems soooooo close to being perfect....and yet so far away too.
Frustrating but at least they are consistant. The same problems year after year after year after year is getting old though. As someone else mentioned, if someone could provide a link to EA's "tweets" that would be great. I'll shut up now. Promise. Thanks for reading.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:10 AM   #18
Rookie

Upallnight's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
I hope to **** that they fix the random *** lag in offline games. Every game, atleast 2 times per half, I will be running the ball or about to pass and BOOm, the game freezes for like 3 to 5 seconds, but then goes right back to playing normally. This is a game changer, it has made a difference in missing/making a field goal, completion of a pass, etc. Fix this, among the other glitches, and EA...we have the greatest football game ever. Now, EA needs to get on the damn ball with Madden and get a patch out asap, that game is a MESS
That sounds like an issue with your system...
Old 08-19-2010, 02:19 AM   #19
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefire
I'm not here to bash either. I haven't experienced the CPU doing that field goal wise. However, I do get somewhat annoyed on MY PLAYCALL screen when it's 4th down and it's obvious I need to punt, but the first play that is chosen for me is like a 93 yrd field goal. That actually happened to me last game. The default play call was a 93 yrd field goal.

Seriously? Now.....honestly that was in the game last year too and it's not a game killer (having to select another play from default because default is ridiculous)

I know and even agree that EA is aware and that they are not stupid. On the other hand when you can fire up a "play now" game against the CPU and it's 4th down and first default play that comes up for the user is a 90+ yrd field goal......I'm sorry, that's inexcusable. Especially considering this year what??? 10+ I know for sure.

Anwyay, there's nothing we can do. Every year it gets better in some ways and more ridiculous in others. One thing is for sure, there is a serious lack of attention to detail over at EA bordering on just

This year, they have managed to break online play AND offline dynasty.
The two most major parts of the game are just flat broke.
What's on the table for next year? Just gonna ship out a blank disk? In some ways THAT would be better than this. At least you'd know right away you wouldn't have to waste any of your time. I do feel somewhat better now at least that a 3rd patch is coming. They have no choice. Like I said, with what we have now, both online and offline are broken to the point that it's not playable.

How they could manage to screw up both 'modes' of play is just baffling...only EA could continue to top their own failures. Now I'm getting hot so I'm going to stop. Sorry.

Will certainly give credit where it is due. The locomotion is mega sweet. The animations are fresh and not only are they fresh but it doesn't feel like you are "trapped" once the animations start either. The helmets getting scuffed are nice. REALLY NICE. Facing hurry up offenses is fresh. I have noticed a pretty big increase in the 'fatigue' factor as well. I don't know if the sliders work for substitutions cause I haven't messed with them but I do notice the fatigue a lot more this year.

I dunno, seems soooooo close to being perfect....and yet so far away too.
Frustrating but at least they are consistant. The same problems year after year after year after year is getting old though. As someone else mentioned, if someone could provide a link to EA's "tweets" that would be great. I'll shut up now. Promise. Thanks for reading.
Play a game on heisman the fg problem appears every game. I hear you on the so close but so far away, graphics, presentation, and a lot of other things are sweet. But major flaws in game play logic can kill a game, especially a sports game.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:21 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
They are aware of the issues, they are working on fixes for as much as they can.

They don't make the an announcement because if they say they are working on something, and they don't get it fixed, they're called liars. If they don't specify anything in particular they are working on, people get mad about that and call the announcement pointless anyways. If they announce a time frame and they miss it, they're again called liars.

So, through conditioned response, they've learned to just STFU and release the patch when it's done. It is our fault we don't have any information on it. We have conditioned them to be very, very careful what they say in public, because we take every "well, we might be able to do this..." and somehow convert that in our minds to mean "We positively promise on our very lives to accomplish this, or we'll all hang ourselves in our offices."
Don't mean to pry, but do you know if one of the issues they are aware of is the lack of pancakes being recorded in played games.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:15 AM   #21
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

We know for a fact that EA takes notice of our concerns and that's what really matters. Someone mentioned EA would have to pay for any further updates. If there's any truth to that, I'm sure they are busy trying to address any and every issue present.

Besides, it seems like a lot of ppl always finds something ”wrong” or are never happy when EA addresses the masses. I'd imagine a solution is more important than PR right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsou4646
Noticing unrealsitic FG's length attempts (On Heisman level only) Anyone else?

I can deal with everything else but this kills the game. Im not here to bash, I actually really enjoy it but the cpu always attempting unmakeable fg's is a joke. 56 to 63 yarders... This is a game killer...
It exists and I agree that it's a Heisman only issue. It's as though the cpu doesn't know what the range of the kicker is after slider issues and thinks - I can make 60 yarders at default so let's give it a try! Fail. For some reason it seems fine on AA but Heisman is flawed in this area.

I just hope that EA takes their time with this patch. The last patch was rushed. To get a second patch out 4 weeks after release seems almost too quick and I think that's why we are seeing some of this stuff. They need to test dynasty issues and sliders more extensively. These areas always seem to have issues.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #23
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Does anyone know how many tuning packages were released for NHL last year?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #24
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Does anyone know how many tuning packages were released for NHL last year?
I think there were three.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »