Home

Recruiting ?

This is a discussion on Recruiting ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 11:36 PM   #25
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Recruiting ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman
What are your guys thoughts/experiences with soft commits? If committed elsewhere can you change their minds? Make up, say, 200 points? What about those that have been committed to your school, have you ever lost any? Do you need to keep spending time on them?
you can definitely change soft commits if your -1 behind. you get a trophy/achievement for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would not waste time on a Soft commit unless you get lucky with a X2 or have a visit that week or the next week. Other then that its a wasted 60 min.

As far as offering scholarships I think Georgiafan said it best. Offer when you are #1, or try to put it off a few weeks if you are able to move #1. However you do not want to wait until like week 4 or so to offer, you want to offer scholarship by week 3 because the player is not likely to instant commit after that.(trust me i have put alot of time into this scenario).

On to the X2 discussion..........This topic is iffy to me. The X2 can be completely random and should not be relied on, especially in online dynasties. I have noticed you get more X2 in offline then online and the school prestige may have an impact on how often it occurs. Nevertheless, it is still wise to keep your board small(12-15 players). Its not that hard to figure out which players you want and need and which players you can get so keep it slim people. Its okay to start out big the first few weeks but by week 4 you should be able to weed out who you know you will not get.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 32

I'm learning how to recruit more and more but I've definitely set some guidelines for myself.

I think it's very important to recruit within your means. I'm running with Washington right now, a 3-star program. Most of my recruiting board is littered with 3-star recruits. I am recruiting a couple of 4-stars that are in-state and I have a good shot at getting them. I tried recruiting a couple of 5-stars but they would not give me the time of day, so I removed them. No use in chasing a pipe dream.

I love the recruiting because I do feel that is extremely realistic. In last year's game, I could pull in multiple four and five-star recruits with ease. I shouldn't have been getting guys over the likes of Texas, Alabama, USC and the other elite programs, but I was. It just felt kind of lame. This year, I see a five-star recruit with an interest list with schools like that and I know I have no real shot of getting them.

I did create some real-life recruits that have actually committed to Washington in real life. I made Austin Seferian-Jenkins a safety but gave him the attributes of a five-star TE. He's getting ready to commit to me and while this does feel like cheese, at least I know I am getting a real-life commit and that makes dynasty more enjoyable for me. I've done this with a few guys.

Until I build U-Dub's program back up, I know that I am not going to be able to sign many ESPNU150's. I'm okay with that and it makes it more challenging and fun for me.

I usually offer scholarships immediately if I am in a recruit's top 5 or 10. It's just something I've always done and I don't see a reason to change it. I think all too often though, people just recruit out of their means and the game is not going to reward you for that.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #28
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Well i think it depends on the situation... Like Im #1 on a few guys board and i havent offered yet because no one else is recruiting them, so im building a nice cushion then i will offer. But then if i am behind after week 1 still and others have offered or if im still #1 and others have offered, I offer. So really i dont offer until I have to regardless of where i am on the board.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:48 AM   #29
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I don't even bother with the recruiting this year. I never touch it, just sim the entire process.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-21-2010, 11:29 AM   #30
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Well I am starting to have some more look. Last night I signed the #1 HB in the nation in my Arkansas dynasty. I have been doing more of the, behind by 300 points and I have already offered a schollie, then move them to the bottom of the list. I'll keep you guys updated on how this class pans out but so far it looks like it may be my best one yet.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »