Home

Madden is Ruining NCAA for me

This is a discussion on Madden is Ruining NCAA for me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden is Ruining NCAA for me

I want to punch whoever is the play by play guy on madden. His WWE announcing style makes me want to die.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
^ That. Even if the Madden team lied and said "we're totally overhauling how the CPU manages their coaches to give a more realistic experience," and then if they did NOTHING to the game, I probably would have considered it. But when they came out and told the truth that Franchise Mode was not improving and Online Franchise was IDENTICAL to 2010... which was a shell of a mode last year.. It wasn't worth it for me. Meanwhile, the NCAA team revamps recruiting, adds a ton of stuff to Online Dynasty, and then throws the WHOLE mode online? That's awesome.
Yea that pretty much did it for me. IF NCAA was junk, I would have just extended baseball season (MLBshow). I'd like to see what the odds are that the MAdden team even looks @ franchise next year. It doesn't seem that this MAdden team has much interest in offline. Luckily NCAA's dynasty is a blast.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #59
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Yes, because there are sliders that address his complaints (fumbles and LBs swatting balls.) I love sliders but I hate when they become a generic copout solution to problems with the game.

The only thing that annoys me about the swatted balls is that they never miss. When they go for the swat they hit it 100% of the time. As for fumbles, if CPU controlled teams never fumbled on a kickoff return again it'd be too soon. It's okay though gonna go do some slider research to fix these.

NCAA has it's issues but it's a much better and much more polished game than Madden overall. Not even close.
Could not agree more.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #60
Pro

Brew's Arena

OVR: 9

Ive been a loyal Madden fan since I can remember and only started buying NCAA for the draft classes.
However, this year, I can honestly say that NCAA is far better even on default sliders.
Ive played maybe 3 or 4 games of Madden since buying it.
Dynasty Mode, saving highlights and photos, Teambuilder and overall gameplay just makes NCAA far better than Madden.
If Madden had a decent Franchise mode and better "carry-over" with draft classes I would play it much more but the bottomline is NCAA 11 is just a more satisfying football experience top to bottom.
Madden killed itself by implementing the strategy pad and gameflow and not touching Franchise.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:28 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew
Ive been a loyal Madden fan since I can remember and only started buying NCAA for the draft classes.
However, this year, I can honestly say that NCAA is far better even on default sliders.
Ive played maybe 3 or 4 games of Madden since buying it.
Dynasty Mode, saving highlights and photos, Teambuilder and overall gameplay just makes NCAA far better than Madden.
If Madden had a decent Franchise mode and better "carry-over" with draft classes I would play it much more but the bottomline is NCAA 11 is just a more satisfying football experience top to bottom.
Madden killed itself by implementing the strategy pad and gameflow and not touching Franchise.
agree man an the i bought madden 4 ps3 an xbox cause i got friends on both i never touch my madden on ps3 yet and played maybe 10 games on my xbox never even started a franchise b/c of overall gameplay which soon as madden comes out i turn off ncaa
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »