Home

What a way to win!

This is a discussion on What a way to win! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2010, 12:35 AM   #1
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7
What a way to win!

Was playing Minnesota as OSU - it was one of those games where it felt like the game was going to make you lose no matter what - 16 yard catches on 3rd and 15, QB shrugging off two sure sacks to make a completion, etc. - they scored with 1:20 left in the game to go up 24-23. They decide to go for two to make it a 3 point game. I hit their QB and he throws a wobbly pass that I pick off and return all the way to go up 25-24! Then of course they have to kick to me - I recover the onside and run out the clock. Never seen a game end like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What a way to win!

I had a terrible ending to a game last night online. I was Florida and my opponent was Ohio State. He was using the GTech playbook and running some nice option offense. He got up on me late 35-21 I believe, but I was able to fight back and tie it at 35. I forced him into a 3 and out and had the ball last. On the final play of the game I was just trying to make something happen, so I did a WR screen to Rainey and took it up field. I saw I was about to get tackled, and lateraled the ball. Debose caught it, and he fumbled. My opponent scooped it up and took it for 6 on the final play of the game.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
Banned

Buffalo Gold's Arena

OVR: 2

That is one aspect I truly like about this game. Random outcomes and mishaps are more noticeable than years past. It seems you need to know your squad, and what there capable of. I really believe ratings play a big role in how players react in certain scenarios. There has been games I have taken lightly against weaker teams, and got beat down. On the flip side, when I have focused and executed a well thought out game plan, I have pulled some astonishing upsets. Keeping it fresh, keeps this game in my tray.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I find myself having to win like this all the time. When I play someone online, a lot of the time my opponent will have an insane number of lucky plays thats really frustrating. It feels like I have to play well enough to beat them by 21 just to come out with a 3 point victory. It is very rewarding when you overcome all that to win though.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

I hate when stuff like this happens. And it does happen frequently. It's 3rd and 15+ and the other team always seem to get the first down no matter what I try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just had a win where I beat Miami Ohio w/ my created team 42-41 in OT. Why? Cause they missed the tying PAT. I felt cheated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »