Home

Get rid of Season Showdown completely

This is a discussion on Get rid of Season Showdown completely within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Get rid of Season Showdown completely

I don't really care for it much the only points i get are -250 Sportsmanship
GO Patroits!! 14-2 #1 Seed in AFC
GO Cardinals!! 86-76
GO Gators!! 8-5, 4-4 Outback Bowl Champs
GO Fighting Illini!! 12-3, 2-0
Old 08-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #10
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8

Froze my dynasty 3 years into it i cant even load if because it freezes right when i click it
Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #11
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i disconnect from the internet before every game simply because of Season Showdown. Just because they used the top 30 schools to decide which entrances to create doesnt mean it has much of a purpose. At least last year it wasnt forced on you like it is this year. Last year you could avoid signing into it when you 1st started your game and never had to worry about it again unless you went into the Season Showdown mode. This year you are forced to use it if you want to be connected while playing so for those that play online maybe in an online dynasty (and not just online against random people), it causes problems for those people because it freezes on them. Before i was smart enough to disconnect (because i play 100% offline), i had the game freeze on me when it was trying to upload the season showdown stats after my game was over.

So for people that play in Online dynasty and dont care about sportsmanship and that other crap, they are still forced to use Season Showdown. If you want to have it in the game thats fine, but they made a mistake forcing it on everyone and having it freeze up so many people's games. I have seen this complaint quite a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 02:36 AM   #12
Rookie

UGAguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumeroUnoFSU
My game just froze at the end trying to upload stats to the Season Showdown server. I had set the NCAA sack record in the game and beat an arch rival. All for nothing. 1 hour wasted.
keeps
Get rid of this pathetic portion of the game.
They do not need to get rid off season showdown.Why because it keeps track of who bleeds their school colors i love it and its the reason i bought the game its an awesome feature.After i get done with every game im anxious to see if i moved my school up on the leaderboards.People all around love season showdown and it just adds a competitive edge to get you to play more games so you can show that your school is number one are get your favorite school in the top and also so everyone can see which school has the most loyal fans. THANKS
Old 08-23-2010, 05:12 AM   #13
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

I thoroughly enjoyed it last year, and haven't had any freezing when it's uploading at the end.

I ended up #2 on Oregon State's board last year and about 1/20th of my points are against the computer, the rest are online.

Go BEAVS!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:18 AM   #14
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i disconnect from the internet before every game simply because of Season Showdown. Just because they used the top 30 schools to decide which entrances to create doesnt mean it has much of a purpose. At least last year it wasnt forced on you like it is this year. Last year you could avoid signing into it when you 1st started your game and never had to worry about it again unless you went into the Season Showdown mode. This year you are forced to use it if you want to be connected while playing so for those that play online maybe in an online dynasty (and not just online against random people), it causes problems for those people because it freezes on them. Before i was smart enough to disconnect (because i play 100% offline), i had the game freeze on me when it was trying to upload the season showdown stats after my game was over.

So for people that play in Online dynasty and dont care about sportsmanship and that other crap, they are still forced to use Season Showdown. If you want to have it in the game thats fine, but they made a mistake forcing it on everyone and having it freeze up so many people's games. I have seen this complaint quite a bit.
That bolded part is one of the two problems I have with Season Showdown. The other is the horrible sportsmanship penalties. But I never would have signed up for it this year just like I did last year but they had to force it on us. It sucks they did that. I have yet to encounter any freezing issues though.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:41 AM   #15
Rookie

Double C's Arena

OVR: 22

I couldn't care less about it. At least it didn't make my console freeze... so far.

My screenshot albums
Just Win on Madden Baby
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 06:29 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer003
I thoroughly enjoyed it last year, and haven't had any freezing when it's uploading at the end.

I ended up #2 on Oregon State's board last year and about 1/20th of my points are against the computer, the rest are online.

Go BEAVS!
Agreed. Of course it could be better but I love the idea and it's execution has been solid.

The game is going to freeze. It happens to everyone. Sucks when it's a big win but that's what happens with video games sometimes. Gotta suck it up and move on man. Make sure you're not online when you play and there is no ss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »