Home

Has anyone ever gotten more then 10 yards on a read option?

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever gotten more then 10 yards on a read option? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #25
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Has anyone ever gotten more then 10 yards on a read option?

The problem is that its just so slow in this game, much slower than real life. Whether you hand it off or fake and take the corner, by the time the animation is done the DL have all gotten off their blocks to force the TFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Before the last patch I would have runs greater than 10 yards, including an 80 yard run by my qb.

Since the patch don't think I've had one, mainly because the d line shed their blocks too quickly. Another problem I've noticed is that d-lineman I read is able to make a tackle on my qb even if he crashes towards the rb, and vice versa.

EA needs to fix this.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #27
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossTown
Practicing the read-option against random plays is a HUGE help. Stick skills help for the first second or so of the play, cause the d-line does get through often, but if you're patient (as with ANY running play in this game), the read-option is just as effective as any other play. I base my offense around it now.
The thing is, in practice mode the cpu play calls really are random. In an actual game, they're not. If you call a zone read the cpu will bring 6+ guys in the box with a 4-3 formation, regardless of if you're in an Ace or 4 WR set. Sometimes you will even see a linebacker camping in the area your QB would run if he kept it.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
The problem is that its just so slow in this game, much slower than real life. Whether you hand it off or fake and take the corner, by the time the animation is done the DL have all gotten off their blocks to force the TFL.
Yea after messing around with it some more I think the animation is the problem its just to slow. The long animation gives the defenders more time to shed their blocks. The fact the linebackers dont bite on the fake and double teams never seem to work right doesnt help either. Oh well I changed my playbook to Georgia tech.

Last edited by GopherFan; 08-23-2010 at 09:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »