Home

Is it just me

This is a discussion on Is it just me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Is it just me

Or do you guys get attached to some of your players in your offline/online Dyansty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
Banned

gators_352's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is it just me

I want to impregnate my RB so a part of him can stay with me forever.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gators_352
I want to impregnate my RB so a part of him can stay with me forever.
ha ha!!! now thats funny
Old 08-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Yeah I get attached to them. Enough to make me turn down coaching jobs just so I can see them develop into the players I know they can be.

But I will say I'd probably get MORE attached if there weren't like 3 face models for the whole darn game so everybody looks the same.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

my created K Kicky Kickerson was a righteous dude. when he graduated, a part of me died a little. i love that golden toe'd sob.
Chicago White Sox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I definitely get attached. I am finishing the fourth year of a teambuilder dynasty and when I started it, I created a halfback and a middle linebacker that would kind of be "my" guys, like the heart of the offense and defense - both were great quality freshmen of course. Now I'm a few games from the end of their senior years and I am not even sure if I want to carry on my dynasty much past their graduation, even though I have a hell of a class of recruits coming in. I think I identify with them more than with the coaching position. The only thing that may carry me forward is that I just recruited a freshman strong safety and wide receiver who both turned out to be beasts, so maybe these two guys will be the next generation.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

ya dude totally i get really attached to my players.
im playing a dynasty with wyoming and austyn carta-samuels has single handedly turned my team around. im going to cry when he leaves. and a little added thing that makes me like him is when he was coming off a heisman runner up season when he could of left for the nfl i didnt even have to persuade him to stay hes just that great of a guy. haha i also really like playing with a team and then seeing them play in real life because then you feel like you really know your players
Old 08-24-2010, 03:31 AM   #8
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
I definitely get attached. I am finishing the fourth year of a teambuilder dynasty and when I started it, I created a halfback and a middle linebacker that would kind of be "my" guys, like the heart of the offense and defense - both were great quality freshmen of course. Now I'm a few games from the end of their senior years and I am not even sure if I want to carry on my dynasty much past their graduation, even though I have a hell of a class of recruits coming in. I think I identify with them more than with the coaching position. The only thing that may carry me forward is that I just recruited a freshman strong safety and wide receiver who both turned out to be beasts, so maybe these two guys will be the next generation.
Same thing happened to me and my TB squad. After year four it no longer felt like my team and I ended up quitting the dynasty despite bringing in a top five recruiting class.

But since it was the first NCAA11 dynasty I played for multiple seasons I used it to gauge how I should rerate my players based on incoming recruits and how everyone progressed over the years; so it wasn't a total loss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »