Home

Werid 2PT conversion happenings

This is a discussion on Werid 2PT conversion happenings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Werid 2PT conversion happenings

I was going to post this in the bug thread, but I'm not up to date on my college football rules. I was playing Notre Dame at home, was a close game throughout. They score to go ahead and go for two, using a QB option/scramble play to the right.

One of my defensive players comes up and makes the 2pt conversion stop, making the QB fumble the ball. Another defensive player picks it up, and runs it all the way back. Normally I'm used the whistle blowing, dead play, etc. etc.

But no, the game counted it as two points for me, and had ND kick off. I went to check in the scoring summary and create a highlight areas(even after the game), and nothing was shown yet the points counted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Werid 2PT conversion happenings

In college extra points are live for the defense as well. It is the only level where a defense can actually score a 2 pointer if they force a turnover.

Also a crazy thing I saw one time in real life, the D picked off a pass, fumbled when they ran out, the ball went into the endzone, the D fell on it for what would have been a safety. It was worth 1 point for the Offense.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
In college extra points are live for the defense as well. It is the only level where a defense can actually score a 2 pointer if they force a turnover.

Also a crazy thing I saw one time in real life, the D picked off a pass, fumbled when they ran out, the ball went into the endzone, the D fell on it for what would have been a safety. It was worth 1 point for the Offense.
Yep...A safety on a 2-pt conversion attempt is worth 1 point. It's one of those things that we're likely never going to see (at least in regards to the team on offense), but it is in the rule book.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 08-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick

Thanks for the info. I've never seen it happen except against Notre Dame.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Yep...A safety on a 2-pt conversion attempt is worth 1 point. It's one of those things that we're likely never going to see (at least in regards to the team on offense), but it is in the rule book.

It was funny when I saw that. The announcers didn't know the rule, they finally found it and put it up after a commercial break.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
Rookie

VUFTBL1's Arena

OVR: 5

Prob about 10 years ago Appilachian State was playing someone (a D-1 team - maybe Wake Forest). Ap State was down by 5 and scored a late TD to go up 1. To try to increase the lead to 3 they went for a 2 pt conversion and threw a PICK that went all the way for a 2 pt conv for Wake which put Wake back ahead by 1 point and that was the final. Ouch.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Man App State could have knocked off another D1-A team. lol
Old 08-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

I thought this thread might be about something I saw last night that confused the heck out of me. I was mad at the CPU team for stupid reasons (couldn't stop their passing game in the first half, basically) and running up the score on them. On one 2 pt attempt I was running a speed option and the OLB grabbed my quarterback. I pitched it, something I do all the time right as contact is being made, but in this case the whistle blew and the announcers said it was "No good!" - even as I watched the ball fly back toward the halfback, and then disappear as the playcall screen came up. I was completely baffled. It was almost like the AI said "Oh, you think you're running up the score on us? Nope, sorry!" I'm pretty sure my QB's knee wasn't down, and I've never had any other time I can remember where I was able to pitch it after he was technically down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »